34 Assisted Living Facilities near La Quinta, CA
There are 34 Assisted Living Facilities in the La Quinta area, with 4 in La Quinta and 30 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in La Quinta is $3,185 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,630. Cheaper nearby regions include Indio with an average starting cost of $2,700.
To help you with your search, browse the 148 reviews below for assisted living facilities in La Quinta. On average, consumers rate assisted living in La Quinta 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Palm Desert with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in La Quinta, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in La Quinta, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in La Quinta
La Quinta, also known as the “Gem of the Desert,” is a resort city and premier golf destination in Riverside County. Perhaps that’s why 24 percent of the city’s population of nearly 41,000 is aged 65 and older. Seniors seeking support for the activities of daily living have four assisted living facilities available in La Quinta. Nearby cities, including Palm Desert, Indio and Rancho Mirage, offer an additional 32 assisted living communities.
In La Quinta as in the rest of California, assisted living communities are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). They are licensed and regulated by the California Department of Social Services’ Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) and Continuing Care Contracts Branch.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in La Quinta
- La Quinta has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Wellness Center, which offers a variety of classes, seminars, special events and programs for seniors, who are given priority for registration during daytime hours.
- Seniors who feel best in hot, dry climates might feel at home in La Quinta. With only eight inches of annual rainfall and a summer high of 107 degrees in July, those who thrive in a desert environment are typically comfortable here.
- Although the overall cost of living in La Quinta is about 45 percent higher than the U.S. average, seniors pay significantly less for healthcare when compared to both the state and the national averages. Housing and transportation costs account for the higher cost of living.
- Seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular conditions should know that due to its location in Riverside County, La Quinta’s air quality might pose a serious health risk. The American Lung Association grades the city with an “F” for both ozone pollution and particle pollution.
- The La Quinta area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Eisenhower Medical Center and JFK Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- La Quinta’s property crime rate is much higher than the national average, scoring a 45.3 out of 100, with 100 being high crime. The U.S. average is 35.4. However, the 13.6 violent crime rate is much lower than the U.S. average of 22.7.
Paying for Assisted Living in La Quinta
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in La Quinta start around $3,185 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in La Quinta and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in La Quinta
Riverside County is one of 15 California counties that participate in the California Assisted Living Waiver Program (ALWP). This Medi-Cal waiver program makes it possible for La Quinta seniors eligible for nursing home care to opt instead for a less-costly assisted living facility. The program requires participants to contribute to their room and board costs, but it does cover services such as personal care assistance, prepared meals and medication administration.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in La Quinta
La Quinta and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in La Quinta, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in La Quinta Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in La Quinta
La Quinta-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near La Quinta, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in La Quinta
Review of The Palms at La Quinta
Our family has had a wonderful experience at The Palms at La Quinta The staff and new Directors have gone above and beyond to make certain that our Dad feels at home, is comfortable and that al... Read more
Review of The Palms at La Quinta
I visited and it was fine, but it's not an option for my parents at this time. The rooms were amply-sized and clean, they're sufficient or adequate. They had a big dining room. And the staff seemed... Read more
Review of Rachel's Cottage with Love
Run.....Not what it once was Almost all the great employees have left..that speaks for itself New nurse has idea what she is doing The care is AWFUL Read more