32 Assisted Living Facilities near Desert Hot Springs, CA
There are 32 Assisted Living Facilities in the Desert Hot Springs area, with 5 in Desert Hot Springs and 27 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Desert Hot Springs is $2,750 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 58 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Desert Hot Springs. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Desert Hot Springs 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Palm Springs with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Desert Hot Springs, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Desert Hot Springs, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Desert Hot Springs
Located in the "Desert Empire" area of California, Desert Hot Springs, has a robust population of a little over 28,000 residents with seniors 65 and older making up 11 percent of the population. There are 32 assisted living facilities around the Desert Hot Springs area, and five of them are in the city limits. Assisted living facilities in California are referred to as residential care facilities (RCFs). The RCFs are overseen and licensed by the California Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Desert Hot Springs
- Desert Hot Springs has a variety of arts and culture for seniors to enjoy, such as the Art Foundation of Desert Hot Springs or the Cabot Pueblo Museum.
- While the overall cost of living in Desert Hot Springs is around 17 percent higher than the national average, it's around 25 percent lower than California's overall cost of living. If a senior needs healthcare services, they can appreciate this town's healthcare costs that are 16 percent lower than the national average.
- The Desert Hot Springs area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Desert Regional Medical Center and Desert Oasis Healthcare, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors and their families need to remain alert in Desert Hot Springs since this city's overall crime rate is 36 percent higher than the national average and 27 percent higher than the state's average. Violent crimes make up most of these differences.
- Mild winters make it easy for seniors to enjoy the outdoors with average temperatures in the mid-60s to the mid-70s. Summers are hot and dry with little rainfall and temperatures in the low 100s. Seniors should take care when venturing outdoors in the summer months.
- Seniors can stretch their incomes in California. The state doesn't tax Social Security retirement benefits, but it does tax other sources of retirement income. Some seniors qualify for lower property taxes as well.
Paying for Assisted Living in Desert Hot Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Desert Hot Springs start around $2,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Desert Hot Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Desert Hot Springs
In California, Medi-Cal, part of the Medicaid program, is the primary resource for helping low-income seniors afford the costs of an assisted living facility. There are several other programs under the Medi-Cal umbrella that help seniors who want to stay at home with daily care, including In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS), Assisted Living Waiver Program (ALWP), Multipurpose Senior Services Program (MSSP) and others.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Desert Hot Springs
Desert Hot Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Desert Hot Springs, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Desert Hot Springs
Desert Hot Springs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Desert Hot Springs, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Desert Hot Springs
Review of Desert Cove Assisted Living
Desert Cove was pretty rundown, so we're not going to consider it. The person who toured us was very good. The apartment we viewed was supposed to be typical of the single unit apartments, but it w... Read more
Review of A+ Senior Care At Mission Lakes
A+ Senior Care at Mission Lakes has provided a safe, comfortable environment for my brother, and they seem to be doing a good job. He moved in last July. In general, the staff is responsive in prov... Read more
Review of Desert Cove Assisted Living
We visited Mountain View Manor together with my husband. We we're amazed with the people and staff. They all look really happy and it seems they are enjoying their stay in a wonderful and beautiful... Read more