18 Assisted Living Facilities near Carpinteria, CA
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Carpinteria area, with 1 in Carpinteria and 17 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Carpinteria is $4,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Santa Barbara with an average starting cost of $4,190.
To help you with your search, browse the 42 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Carpinteria. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Carpinteria 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Carpinteria, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Carpinteria, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Carpinteria
Carpinteria is a charming coastal city located in Santa Barbara County, California. Its known for its beautiful beaches and sprawling mountain views. More than 17 percent of Carpinteria's 13,600 residents are over the age of 65.
In California, communities that provide assisted living services to senior citizens are known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs). While there is only one RCF in Carpinteria, there are an additional 53 RCFs located nearby in areas such as Ventura, Santa Barbara and Montecito.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Carpinteria
- While Social Security income isn't taxed in California, all other forms of retirement income are fully taxed at the state level, which is one of the highest income tax rates in the United States. Seniors with limited budgets should consider this before choosing to reside in an RCF in California.
- There are plenty of arts and culture in Carpinteria for seniors to enjoy. Some RCFs may offer supervised day trips for seniors to take in some of the areas top events and attractions, including the city's annual Avocado Festival.
- The American Lung Association has assigned a passing grade to the air quality in Carpinteria, meaning seniors with respiratory illnesses can breathe comfortably in the area.
- Low violent crime rates mean that seniors living in Carpinteria can feel safe. Only 1.9 violent crimes occur per 1,000 residents each year; the state average is much higher at 4.45 violent crimes per 1,000 residents.
Santa Barbara MTD provides safe public transportation options throughout Carpinteria and the rest of the county. Reduced fares are available for seniors.
- Seniors living in Carpinteria can enjoy spending time outdoors year-round. The climate in the area is extremely comfortable, with an average high temperature in July of 69 degrees and an average low temperature in January of 48 degrees.
Paying for Assisted Living in Carpinteria
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Carpinteria start around $4,900 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Carpinteria and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Carpinteria
California's 1915(c) Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver covers the cost of assisted living services in RCFs for eligible seniors in the Carpinteria area.
Those who require additional assistance with the cost of room and board may apply for an optional state supplement to their Supplemental Security Income (SSI). The cost of room and board is capped by the state for residents who are Medicaid eligible.
California doesn't allow family supplementation.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Carpinteria
Carpinteria and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Carpinteria, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Carpinteria
Carpinteria-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Carpinteria
Review of GranVida Senior Living
We have chosen Granvida Senior Living and Memory Care. We're moving my loved one there tomorrow. It's a very nice place with a very homey feeling. It's brand new, so it is very nice and clean. What... Read more
Review of GranVida Senior Living
Granvida Senior Living was excellent, beautifully-decorated, and extremely clean. The residents seemed to be happy and engaged. It was really fabulous. I would love to have my mother there. There's... Read more