5 Assisted Living Facilities near Ojai, CA
Also serving communities of Oak View.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ojai area, with 4 in Ojai and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ojai. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ojai 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ventura with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ojai, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Ojai, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ojai
Ojai, a small community nestled in a mountainous valley just off the Pacific Coast Highway has over 7,500 residents with a large senior population of almost 20 percent. The valley is surrounded by hills and mountains making it a scenic location to settle into assisted living. There are 21 of these facilities in the Ojai area. All facilities across the state of California are known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, or RCFE’s, and are highly regulated with strict laws and regulations.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ojai
- The weather in Ojai, California, is quintessential Southern California for most of the year, with highs never cresting the mid-80s and lows hovering in the mid-50s at night. As Ojai is surrounded by mountains, winter temperatures sometimes drop into the high 30s.
- As Ojai is a relatively small town and is far enough away from Los Angeles to escape the smog that hovers above it most of the year, the air quality is quite good. However, wildfires are a concern on a yearly basis, effecting both overall safety and air quality for seniors.
- Overall, Ojai is more expensive than most communities because it is considered a vacation destination in the Southern California and Central Coast regions of California. However, the main reason this is the case is the median housing cost in the Ojai area. Other things, like groceries, utilities and miscellaneous costs are actually below the national average.
- The crime rate in Ojai is 66 percent lower than the national average and 76 percent safer than most towns in America. Crimes can usually be counted on one hand, annually.
- As Ojai is a small town nestled in a valley in the coastal mountain range, so there isn’t a ton of public transportation. Gold Coast Transit buses provides transportation between Ojai and nearby communities, but not much around town. Ridesharing services are available, as are taxis, but they aren’t as prevalent as they might be in a big city.
- The two Ojai hospitals have been around for many years—the Ojai Community Valley Hospital and a Providence Hospital center. While they are modern and have been updated recently, the nearest larger medical center is a thirty minute drive south to Ventura.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ojai
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Ojai start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ojai and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ojai
Seniors who require financial assistance with an ALF can seek eligibility through the California Medicaid program. Low-income individuals who prefer to live in an ALF rather than a nursing home may also receive help through the Assisted Living Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ojai
Ojai and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ojai, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ojai
Ojai-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ojai
Review of The Gables of Ojai
Oh my gosh! Gables of Ojai was beautiful. I saw the dining area; it was beautiful. They were having activities -- an art class -- with people that live there, and they seemed so happy. It was clean... Read more
Review of The Gables of Ojai
The Gables of Ojai is wonderful. It’s my favorite of all the places my mom has been with. The facility has a tremendous amount of intellectual stimulation. Their activity directors are active. They... Read more
Review of Manor of Ojai Residential Care
My Aunt Betty became a resident of the Manor of Ojai in early March, 2015. She needed a higher level of care than what was being provided by an in-home care giver so she moved into the Manor. The f... Read more