37 Assisted Living Facilities near Oxnard, CA
Also serving communities of Port Hueneme.
There are 37 Assisted Living Facilities in the Oxnard area, with 9 in Oxnard and 28 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Oxnard is $3,746 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Ventura with an average starting cost of $3,436.
To help you with your search, browse the 159 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Oxnard. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Oxnard 4.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Carpinteria with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Oxnard find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Oxnard, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Oxnard, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Oxnard
Seniors will have much to enjoy in Oxnard, California, such as the Henry T. Oxnard National Historic District and Heritage Square, which showcase early early-20th century homes. Carnegie Art Museum, beachfront views of the Channel Islands, River Ridge Golf Course, and the Elite Theatre are some other popular attractions.
Seniors who desire assisted living in Oxnard can choose from six facilities within Oxnard and 35 in the surrounding area. Assisted living facilities in California are referred to as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs) and are regulated by The California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) and the Continuing Care Contracts Branch.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Oxnard
- While Ventura County receives a Particle Pollution 24-hour score of A from the American Lung Association, their Ozone score is an F. Poor air quality such as this is potentially a concern for seniors with a respiratory illness.
- Oxnard has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Wilson Senior Center, an organization that offers fun games such as Wii bowling and Zumba, and two more senior centers with full calendars of events.
- The Oxnard area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Johns Regional Medical Center and Community Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- While the Oxnard cost of living is 42.1 percent higher than the national average, California seniors may enjoy the fact that it is lower than the rest of the state.
- Seniors living in Oxnard may appreciate the peace of mind of living in a city with a crime rate that isn't higher than the national average. Violent crime is average at 31 while property crime at 33.3 is five points lower than the U. S. average.
- The city of Oxnard has a climate that is a bit cooler than areas like Los Angeles. Seniors can take advantage of enjoyable sunny days, average winter temperatures of 47 degrees, and gentle summer temperatures of 71 degrees.
Paying for Assisted Living in Oxnard
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Oxnard start around $3,746 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Oxnard and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Oxnard
California Medicaid provides financial assistance for qualified seniors through their Medi-Cal plan. The state also offers four Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waivers that eligible residents can apply for if they need additional funding for assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Oxnard
Oxnard and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Oxnard, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Oxnard
Oxnard-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Oxnard, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Oxnard
Review of Amity & Joy Home Care
My ex-husband was placed here , and they take care of everything. They do his feeding, his medication, his hygiene, and any other care that he needs. He is currently bedridden, so they supplied him... Read more
Review of Oakmont of Riverpark
The tour we had with Oakmont of Riverpark was amazing. The people were friendly, professional, and thorough. The grounds were gorgeous, the rooms were larger, it's about the same price as the previ... Read more
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Oxnard
I was to the point where I was almost homeless when my church friend Karen helped me find Pacifica! You have prices within my means, great food & amazing friends to make and enjoy! The rent is ... Read more