39 Assisted Living Facilities near Camarillo, CA
With an average cost of $3,513 in Camarillo, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 80 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 17 facilities in Camarillo.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Camarillo, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Camarillo
Located in Ventura County, Camarillo has an inspiring history of Adolfo and Juan Camarillo, who preserved the city's heritage. Seniors interested in retiring in this city will find 15 local Residential Care Facilities (RCF) and 44 more in nearby cities, all closely monitored and regularly inspected by The Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division. Each facility operates under one of three different licenses, including RCF for the Chronically Ill, RCF for the Elderly (RCFE) and Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Camarillo
- The cost of living in Camarillo is 65 percent higher than the national average, with health care, transportation and housing expenses being the highest. The city is also 13 percent higher to live in compared to other California cities.
- Residents of Camarillo enjoy mild temperatures year-round that average between 60 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes year-round, outdoor activities a possibility for seniors seeking an active, fit lifestyle while in assisted living.
- The city of Camarillo shows little to no pollutants and has a good ozone condition according to the Air Quality Index (AQI). Seniors living with respiratory issues will find living here easier than other cities with high ozone pollution.
- Camarillo has a crime rate that is lower than 58 percent of the other cities located in California. It has a considerably low crime rate compared to the national average, which makes it a safe place for seniors to live.
- The Camarillo area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital, Camarillo State Hospital, St. John's Regional Medical Center, Camarosa Springs Medical Group, Mariposa Urgent Care, Community Memorial Hospital, Los Robles Hospital & Medical, 1st Stop Urgent Care & Family Practice and Channel Islands Urgent Care and Family Practice, in the event of medical emergencies of illness.
- Seniors are exempt from Social Security Income (SSI) taxes in California. This is not enough, though, to offset the high sales tax and taxable pensions most seniors face in Camarillo.
Paying for Assisted Living in Camarillo
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Camarillo start around $3,513 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Camarillo and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Camarillo
Eligible seniors can find financial assistance services in Camarillo through both the state and Medicaid. Seniors can apply for the Medicaid 1915(c) Assisted Living Waiver Program, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Camarillo
Camarillo and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Camarillo, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Camarillo
Camarillo-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Camarillo, CA
Other Options in Camarillo, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Camarillo
Review of Oakmont of Camarillo
My dad is now at Oakmont of Camarillo. It's lovely and it's brand new. Everything has been top-rated. It has been very good. The food is excellent and there are all kinds of activities. There's exe... Read more
Review of Royal Gardens of Camarillo
Royal Gardens of Camarillo's director is really knowledgeable. I think she runs a really good operation. The staff members all seemed to be very friendly and very engaged. They knew everyone's name... Read more
Review of Royal Gardens of Camarillo
My husband moved into Royal Gardens of Camarillo before he passed. I'd give them the highest recommendation. They were wonderful. It was nice, they were patient, the staff was always there for him,... Read more