The Reserve at Thousand Oaks

Reviews of The Reserve at Thousand Oaks

Assisted Living Reviews for The Reserve at Thousand Oaks

June 25, 2021

By Helen

I just heard about The Reserve at Thousand Oaks. We live in the community so I had seen where it was located. What I like best about it is that it sits on 10 acres of land; it's very nice. It's great for people who want more independent living and also people who need more care. The main facility has a lot of apartments and outside were like little condos that are away from the main facility. I like that, and I thought that would be nice for my husband. It's very clean, with beautiful grounds, beautiful patios, and lots of amenities. They have physical therapy, a beautiful pool, and a big game room. They have just everything you could want to have. They have a nice restaurant where they can order whatever they want to eat. If they don't want the main dish that's being served that day, they can have whatever they want. A lot of good socialization and activities were going on too. The staff was just super friendly and very welcoming. The staff who took us on a tour was really, really nice, knew a lot about the facility, was very helpful, and accommodating. I didn't try the food, but there were a lot of people there eating. The food looked good. There were even fresh berries and fresh fruit. I also saw the menu. The facility was just beautiful, it's almost like being in a forest. There are beautiful trees around like pine trees and oak trees. Several residents came and talked to me about how it's a great place and how they really enjoy it there. They seemed very happy.

"They have just everything you could want to have." What a wonderful compliment! Thank you for sharing your experience and touring The Reserve. We certainly are glad you "found" us. Like you, so many of our residents enjoy our tucked-away, beautiful setting, engaging lifestyle, and wealth of amenities -- as well as easy access to area shopping, restaurants, healthcare, and more. As you explore your options and consider making The Reserve your next home, please don't hesitate to reach out with questions. It's our privilege to be a resource to you. Thank you again for the rave review and for visiting The Reserve.

October 09, 2020

By Susan

The Reserve at Thousand Oaks does not have 24/7 nursing care, they had medical technicians, so there was a lesser level of care, but I felt it was very comprehensive. It's more country and hills, I liked the location, the staff was wonderful, the services they provided were very, very good, and if my mother had not elected to live in Santa Ana, that's where I would have gone.

March 05, 2020

By jjc1944

Other

Wonderful staff and decent apartments. Dreary colors though, dark hallways, a 1980s vibe. Ever since new ownership by a large corporation, pinching pennies trumps service and the place has gone downhill. Food is mediocre and dinner service routinely takes more than 1.5 hours. They recently added assisted livng services, which are spotty. Maid service is poor to mediocre. Car service can leave residents waiting for up to an hour to be picked up from errands. Medical assistance is marginal. It's one of the more affordable options in the area, but you get what you pay for.

January 03, 2017

By Wayne537507

The Reserve at Thousand Oaks was very professional and had a nice offering. The rooms were very nice and most of them were one-bedroom. The dining room and entertainment room were very nice. As I recall, they had several dishes, and you could order off of a menu.

Independent Living Reviews for The Reserve at Thousand Oaks

June 06, 2017

By frances671882

I visited my friend at the Reserve, and it had 2 levels of care -- the independent and the assisted living. The first time I went, I toured the independent section, and I was impressed. It was exceptionally well-maintained. My friends were very happy there.

July 29, 2016

By Lourdes273701

The Reserve at Thousand Oaks was OK but looked old. I liked that they had little porches. The staff member, Jennifer, was great. I was able to eat there and loved the food that I ate.

July 27, 2016

By Visitor847742

The Reserve at Thousand Oaks was very nice. They didn't have too much amenities. The staff was good, and the person who gave us the tour was nice. The rooms were nice.

September 30, 2015

The Reserve at Thousand Oaks is a fantastic facility. It was clean. The staff was friendly as well as the residents. The rooms were much more spacious than we looked at and they were very nicely laid out. The dining facility was exceptional. The food was wonderful too. They provide transportation. They have really outstanding services provided.

August 04, 2015

I've been in The Reserve at Thousand Oaks for quite some time. I like the facility. They have transportation, and they go to church, shopping centers, different places that are scenic, and to and from the doctor. We have three meals a day. It's a nice convenient place. The staff is nice, and they take good care of you. It's well maintained and very clean.

September 29, 2013

By Leslie & Williams

This is a beautiful community with great food and lovely apartments, we would have joined this community had it not been for a wait list longer than we could accept.

Questions about The Reserve at Thousand Oaks

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Reserve at Thousand Oaks. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our resident is 88, and we have residents as young as 66. At the Reserve our residents are staying active both physically and mentally with tons of activities and enjoy balance classes, bridge, painting, Wii bowling, bocce ball, crafts only to name a few.

What programs or activities does The Reserve at Thousand Oaks offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Fitness Classes, one on one fitness instruction, Brain Games, Movie Screenings in our Movie Theater, Live musical performances, Art Classes, Socials, Book Clubs and more.

What places are near The Reserve at Thousand Oaks or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Set on nearly ten acres with magnificent shade trees, abundant walking paths and meticulously landscaped courtyards, our casually upscale community delivers all the care, comfort and amenities you need to fully embrace the opportunities of maintenance-free living. Just 10 minutes from the Reagan Library, 5 minutes from the Civic Arts Plaza and 5 minutes to the Oaks Mall, offering a plethora of stores and restaurants to choose from. Only a beautiful 30 minute drive to Malibu's most beautiful beaches.

What transportation services does The Reserve at Thousand Oaks offer to assisted living residents?

The Reserve offers transportation 7 days a week with a variety of transportation options. Whatever a resident needs to enhance their full participation in their day, whether it’s an escort to activities via a multi-passenger vehicle, or transportation to a health care appointment in the town car.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Reserve at Thousand Oaks exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We celebrate the opportunity to enjoy a satisfying meal or snack any time of day with chef-prepared menus full of familiar favorites and fresh creations. While our offerings are nutritionally balanced, we are happy to cater to special dietary needs, as well. Fresh produce takes a starring role on the menu as we move through the seasons, and keeps the offerings exciting and tasty. Our trained culinary team prepares every plate to perfection, creating a dining experience that delights and inspires with every meal.

What safety features or security measures does The Reserve at Thousand Oaks offer to assisted living residents?

All of our resident apartments are equipped with emergency call systems. To offer added security for our residents we have a community wide check in process twice a day.

How does The Reserve at Thousand Oaks keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our Director of Assisted Living and Director of Health Services communicate directly with with families about our resident's well-being, community involvement and any changes in condition.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Reserve at Thousand Oaks during daytime and nighttime hours?

Customized care plan and 24-hour professional staffing. Flexible, individualized care plans offer staffing based on residents care needs.

If The Reserve at Thousand Oaks accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Life is better when shared with your favorite companions! The Reserve at Thousand Oaks is a pet-welcoming community with plenty of space inside and a beautiful dog park outside for your furry friends to enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

MBK employee training exceeds the minimum requirement hours for training in a licensed senior living community.

What safety features or security measures does The Reserve at Thousand Oaks provide to protect residents who wander?

The Reserve employees and care staff receive elopement training and offer a wander guard pendent to provide an additional level of safety if needed.

Costs for The Reserve at Thousand Oaks

• Meal Preparation

• Licenses: RCFE
  • State Licenses: 197609632

About The Reserve at Thousand Oaks

Set on a property of magnificent shade trees, abundant walking paths, and meticulously landscaped courtyards, The Reserve at Thousand Oaks brings a vibrant beauty to senior living in Thousand Oaks, CA. Featuring warm options for Assisted Living and Independent Living, our lovely campus offers a continuum of care for seniors who want to embrace the opportunities of maintenance-free living.

We offer Garden apartments that are separated from the main building, attracting independent residents who want to maintain their privacy but still have all the amenities available to them such as meals, housekeeping and activities. Assisted Living is available in any apartment.

Map of The Reserve at Thousand Oaks