49 Assisted Living Facilities near Westlake Village, CA
Also serving communities of Malibu.
There are 49 Assisted Living Facilities in the Westlake Village area, with 2 in Westlake Village and 47 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Westlake Village is $4,473 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Thousand Oaks with an average starting cost of $3,554.
To help you with your search, browse the 111 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Westlake Village. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Westlake Village 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Thousand Oaks with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Westlake Village, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Westlake Village, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Westlake Village
Westlake Village is located in Los Angeles County, just to the south of Thousand Oaks and to the north of Malibu. The area is home to the beautiful Santa Monica Mountains and is known for being host to an array of wineries. Twenty-five percent of the city's 8,400 residents are over the age of 65. Communities that provide assisted living services to the elderly are officially known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs) throughout the state of California. In Westlake Village, there's only one RCF. However, there are an additional 53 RCFs in nearby cities such as Thousand Oaks, West Hills, and Simi Valley.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Westlake Village
- Los Angeles County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The Westlake Village area is home to world-class medical facilities, such as Los Robles Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Westlake Village has a year-round coastal climate. That means limited precipitation and an average January low temperature of 47 degrees, which is nearly 25 degrees above the U.S. average. Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors can thrive in a place like Westwood Village.
- Although the state of California doesn't tax social security income, all other forms of retirement income are taxed by the state, and California has some of the highest income tax rates in the country. Seniors on a budget may find it difficult to make ends meet living in Westlake Village.
- Another important consideration for seniors on a budget is the cost of living in Westlake Village, which is 152 percent higher than the national average.
- Seniors can travel safely throughout Westlake Village and the Thousand Oaks Area using Thousand Oaks Transit. Reduced fares are available for seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Westlake Village
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Westlake Village start around $4,277 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Westlake Village and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Westlake Village
Seniors who reside in RCFs in the Westlake Village area can apply for financial assistance under a 1915(c) Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver, which is meant to cover the cost of assisted living services.
Seniors who are receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) are able to apply for an Optional State Supplement (OSS) if they require financial assistance with the cost of room and board. The state puts a cap on the amount RCFs are permitted to charge Medicaid eligible residents for room and board.
Family supplementation isn't permitted in California.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Westlake Village
Westlake Village and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Westlake Village, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Westlake Village
Westlake Village-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Westlake Village, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Westlake Village
Review of Sunrise of Westlake Village
The Sunrise of Westlake Village was lovely. I did an actual in-room tour with a very lovely woman, I couldn't find anything nicer, or more welcoming. The bathrooms were large enough to accommodate ... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Westlake Village
Sunrise of Westlake Village was perfectly fine. The staff was very nice and very friendly. The food was good. The dining area was more of an L-shape as opposed to having everyone seated more togeth... Read more
Review of Leisure Living
I would have liked to go with Leisure Living because the owner is on the board of an Alzheimer’s group and has a lot of knowledge about the patients’ conditions. The place is very close to me, but ... Read more