Sunrise of Westlake Village

Sunrise of Westlake Village (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Sunrise of Westlake Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Westlake Village

June 22, 2015

Sunrise is outstanding. It’s a fabulous facility with fabulous people, and we are very happy with Sunrise. The rooms are clean, excellent, and better than expected. They have various kinds of activities all day. She loves the food, and we’re pleased. The dining area is excellent, and the people are great. It is very safe with double security, and it's very well organized and first class. I liked the friendliness of the people, their professionalism, and their attention to detail. Everything is outstanding.

February 11, 2015

Sunrise of Westlake Village is one of the better assisted living communities in this particular area. There are a number of assisted and also senior centers, and their problem is the restaurant food. It is by the same chef day in and day out that it gets to be a little bit boring. As far as the facility itself, it is a good facility. They have nurses on staff 24/7. The room I have is fairly small. But I am by myself, and I don't need very much room. It is adequate, and it faces the sun. The bathrooms are adequate. It has a shower and a stool, and the facilities are adequate. They need to improve their restaurant though. They need to get better food like fresh vegetables and fruits. The activities they have are good, but they need to continue to change them and get more of a variety.

September 04, 2014

By ddsharp33

Elder care is a miserable necessity. But I can confidently recommend Sunrise of Westlake Village under Director Royce, because of their current caring and clever staff. My mother with Alzheimer's has resided on the 3rd floor (Memory Care) at Sunrise for over a year. I cannot speak to the value of Sunrise's services since my father pays the bills. I am comfortable knowing my mom's physical and emotional needs are met with compassion, patience and humor here. The staff will meet with family, speak candidly - one on one and genuinely like caring for the elderly. It takes HUGE effort to visit often and to personally interact with this large staff (which is a must - anywhere). You get back what you put into this. Participating is an investment. Sunrise encourages family to join residents for meals, go on field trips, bring pets for visits and even sleep over! There are issues too at Sunrise. Staff changes happen and upset the systems. Policy for paperwork depends on who you ask. "No-Salt diets are close to impossible to adhere to anywhere. Residents clothes go missing often (my mom's new favorite fuscha sweater came from someone else's closet). I'm told my mom likes to curl up in bed at night with her roomate! Her missing eye glasses were found in a flower pot. Dementia is craziness. Sunrise's support group and staff have helped me to learn new ways to relate to and comfort my mom.

August 13, 2012

By florance

They take good care of my mother. The staff are wonderful. It's a very beautiful and clean place. They're an excellent community! The meal is not so good though. I think it's not that tasteful. A lot of people there complain about the taste of the meal. They say it's not so nice. Also, the meal time is too early for breakfast and there are short intervals in between the meals. I think they have breakfast at around eight to nine-thirty in the morning. The residents there are old people so they don't get up that early. Then around eleven or noon, they have their lunch and I guess they're not even hungry yet. The interval between meals are short and nobody can eat that many meals in such a short interval. So I would like them improve on making their meals more tasteful and adjusting the meal time for the residents. Otherwise, they're very good.

April 28, 2012

By spencerthibo

This facility is a very clean well organized and nice assisted living home. The staff are very kind and are always in a good mood. It is a very beautiful place and relaxing place to be. They have a nice pathway that runs all the way around the facility with bushes and flowers. They have a table in the middle of the facility to remember the folks that have passed away recently. There I helped set up tables for dinner and I also would talk to some of the residence so they had people to talk to. I also helped walk dogs that needed to go to the bathroom and needed walks. The faculty was very happy and grateful to have me helping out and I would definitely recommend going here. They also have daily activities set up and field trips so that residence don't get bored during the day. Great place.

August 04, 2011

By ElizabethRose

Other

I visited this facility about six months ago on a fact-finding mission related to my father's future care. I picked this facility as my father lived in this community for about 35 years and is comfortable with its surroundings. From the outside of the building and parking lot, the facility looks like a 5 star golfing resort as it is nestled up against a beautiful golf course. The grounds are quite beautiful with pathways and benches that are plentiful. In no way does this facility look like a care facility. On entering the lobby it appears very comfortable and homey. The receptionist has a companion dog that was lying on the floor near the desk and was friendly to all that arrived.The staff gave me a complete tour including introducing me to several residents, with a few proudly showing off their rooms. There seemed to be a wonderful sense of pride and community with the residents and they all seemed happy, independent and well cared for.The dining rooms, recreation rooms, sitting areas and multimedia rooms were all immaculate and beautifully decorated in a comfortable and inviting way.I was impressed with the staff members as I met them along the way including maintenance, kitchen and office staff.The director stressed the types of services available and how we could graduate to different levels of assistance as needed. She invited me back with my father to enjoy a lunch or dinner and to meet other residents.Overall this is a very well managed, clean and comfortable facility with a great deal to offer its residents.

May 29, 2011

By adilam

Friend or relative of resident

My family and I were very impressed with the care my grandmother got at this assisted living community. She didn't have the easiest time adjusting to being a group setting and didn't really want to participate in the activities at first, but the staff was very encouraging and nudged her to get involved. After a few weeks she started making a few friends and was saying she wished she moved there much earlier. We really appreciated the kindness they showed her and the sense of relief it gave us once she started to adjust. The food is good and the place itself is very attractive and classy.

Photos of Sunrise of Westlake Village

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Westlake Village

• Housing Extra: Large Turret Rooms

• State Licenses: 197605820

About Sunrise of Westlake Village

We are located in beautiful Westlake Village, with mountain views. We have lots of shopping centers nearby, with amazing restaurants. Our community offers many amenities such as a beauty salon, transportation and our Live with Purpose programming that enriches our residents lives. With Sunrise, our residents can age in place. We also partner with hospice for end of life support.

Our community also features large corner turret rooms, many with beautiful views of the nearby mountains. Our memory care in located on our third floor with assisted living on our first and second floors. We are pet friendly! Our Resident Care Directors are Registered Nurses. We staff according to care levels of our residents and each person has their own individual service plan, catered to their needs.

Map of Sunrise of Westlake Village