122 Assisted Living Facilities near Simi Valley, CA
Also serving communities of Moorpark.
There are 122 Assisted Living Facilities in the Simi Valley area, with 19 in Simi Valley and 103 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Simi Valley is $3,252 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Chatsworth with an average starting cost of $3,192.
To help you with your search, browse the 238 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Simi Valley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Simi Valley 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Winnetka with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Simi Valley find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Simi Valley, call (855) 863-8283.
19 Assisted Living Facilities in Simi Valley, CA
103 Assisted Living Facilities near Simi Valley, CA
Promotion ends in 6 days!
Spring Promotion: Moving Made Easy. For new residents: $500 Off the Community Fee, 1/2 Off First ... (more)
Promotion ends in 255 days!
Learn more about our 3ooo reasons to live at Meadowbrook. We want you to give us a try, so for t... (more)
Assisted Living near Simi Valley, CA
Other Options in Simi Valley, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Simi Valley
Review of Caccam's Stanton Residence
My mother moved into Caccam's Stanton Residence. The care they provide to her is great, and we're very happy. The staff who work there is great, we're very pleased with all of them. Her room and th... Read more
Review of The Foothills at Simi Valley
We got put my in-laws in a room at The Foothills at Simi Valley and we're moving them in on the 31st. The place is great. You didn't walk in straight into the restaurant since it's hidden behind th... Read more
Review of Simi Valley Residential Care I
My sister is in Simi Valley Residential Care. It has everything that is necessary, and they are giving her the diet that she needs. There are only three residents right now, so the two caregivers c... Read more
Assisted Living near Ventura County, CA
More Options Near Simi Valley, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Simi Valley
Located in Southeast Ventura County northwest of downtown Los Angeles, Simi Valley is surrounded by the Santa Susana Mountain range and the Simi Hills. Seniors here make up a little over 13 percent of the population. There are 64 assisted living facilities in the Simi Valley area, with 17 in Simi Valley and 47 nearby to support seniors who are no longer independent.
Assisted Living facilities in Simi Valley, like all facilities across the state of California, are known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, or RCFE’s. These establishments are highly regulated with strict laws and regulations.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Simi Valley
- Simi Valley’s weather is a temperate, Southern California climate much of the year, just like the metropolis of Los Angeles it plays suburb to just south. Highs in the summer rarely top 90 degrees, while lows in the winter rarely go below forty-five.
- Because Simi Valley has mountains around it, namely the Santa Monica mountains to the South, the air quality is usually better throughout the year. That said, it is close enough to the Los Angeles metro area to suffer from the smog that hangs over the city much of the year, depending on which way the wind is blowing.
- Living in Simi Valley is more expensive than living in the rest of the country. However, when compared to neighboring Los Angeles communities to the south and coastal communities like Ojai and Santa Barbara to the north, Simi Valley seems relatively inexpensive overall.
- Simi Valley has a steady crime rate. It’s not alarmingly high but it does exist in this suburb. In 2016 it was 65 percent lower than the national average and 69 percent lower than the rest of California. In 2017, property crime in the area rose 15 percent.
- Despite being a suburb on the outskirts of LA, Simi Valley has set up a transit system that caters to seniors in particular. Known as the Simi Valley Transit, or SVT, a network of bus routes connects the entire Simi Valley community, allowing those who don’t want to or can’t drive a way to get around the area efficiently and inexpensively.
- The Simi Valley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including a Kaiser Permanente Medical Office and Adventist Health Simi Valley, in the event medical care is needed.
Paying for Assisted Living in Simi Valley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Simi Valley start around $3,252 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Simi Valley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Simi Valley
When medically necessary, Medi-Cal will pay for assisted living facilities in Simi Valley, as they will for seniors all over the state of California. However, Simi Valley has set up an affordable and senior housing program which provides quality housing to seniors, ranging from apartments to condominiums and townhomes, which are made available to qualifying seniors above 55 years of age.
Low-income individuals who prefer to live in an ALF rather than a nursing home may also receive help through the Assisted Living Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Simi Valley
Simi Valley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Simi Valley, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Simi Valley
Simi Valley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.