32 Assisted Living Facilities near Ventura, CA
There are 32 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ventura area, with 14 in Ventura and 18 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ventura is $3,178 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 119 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ventura. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ventura 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Oxnard with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ventura, call (855) 863-8283.
14 Assisted Living Facilities in Ventura, CA
18 Assisted Living Facilities near Ventura, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ventura
The coastal city of Ventura, whose official name is "San Buenaventura," has a population of a little over 110,000 residents, 15 percent of whom are over the age of 65. To support the aging population, the region has 59 assisted living facilities. Fifteen of these facilities are in Ventura and 44 more are located outside of the city.
In California, assisted living facilities are officially called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs) and are licensed through the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ventura
- Ventura rates 86 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index, indicating that the city has a comfortable climate throughout the year. Summer highs are a mild 76 degrees Fahrenheit and winter lows drop only to the mid-40s, providing an ideal climate for seniors who enjoy being outdoors.
- Ventura has a high cost of living, which may be a concern for budget-conscious seniors. While the cost of groceries is on par with the national average, healthcare costs and transportation expenses run about 5 percent higher than elsewhere in the country.
- California has some of the highest sales tax rates in the nation. The combined sales tax rate in Ventura is 7.75 percent, which may be a consideration for seniors on a tight budget. However, seniors do not pay a tax on Social Security benefits, which may offset the high sales tax.
- The public transit system in Ventura is provided by Gold Coast Transit District, which operates fixed routes and paratransit services throughout the region. Seniors over the age of 65 ride for a reduced rate, and seniors over the age of 75 ride for free.
- The Ventura area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Community Memorial Hospital and Ventura County Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Ventura has an array of community resources for seniors, including Ventura's Active Adult & Senior Services, an organization that provides health, social and educational programming for seniors, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ventura
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Ventura start around $3,178 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ventura and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ventura
Low-income seniors in Ventura may qualify for financial aid to help pay for assisted living. There are two programs available that provide funding for eligible seniors, including Medi-Cal, which offers an Assisted Living Waiver program, and Supplemental Security Income – Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ventura
Ventura and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ventura, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ventura
Ventura-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Ventura, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ventura
Review of Ventura Grand Chateau
Ventura Grand Chateau was very small. The facilities were very minimal. People were sitting around with nothing much to do, although they showed me their activity list. I was not impressed with the... Read more
Review of Aegis Living Ventura
During my fathers short stay at Aegis of Ventura I found aegis to be short staffed , incompetent,over priced , unwilling to assist my fathers care until they review his case and charge extra and ev... Read more
Review of Cypress Place Assisted Living
We really liked Cypress Place. It was really nice, and we're happy with it. The gentleman who helped us, Mike, was pleasant and really good. The dining room was very nice. They were playing bingo a... Read more