30 Assisted Living Facilities near Goleta, CA
There are 30 Assisted Living Facilities in the Goleta area, with 3 in Goleta and 27 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Goleta is $3,995 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Santa Barbara with an average starting cost of $3,978.
To help you with your search, browse the 58 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Goleta. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Goleta 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Goleta, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Goleta, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Goleta
Known for its beautiful central California coastal beaches and home to the UCSB campus, Goleta, California has much to offer active, outdoor-loving seniors. Goleta has a population of just over 31,000, 16 percent of whom are seniors age 65 and older.
There are three assisted living facilities in Goleta to serve these residents should they require support with daily activities, and 27 others in neighboring towns of Santa Barbara, Montecito and Ojai. In California, assisted living communities are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). They are licensed and regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) and Continuing Care Contracts Branch.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Goleta
- Goleta boasts a comfortable year-round climate, making it a great choice for seniors who like to spend time outdoors. There are about 279 sunny days per year and approximately 35 days of precipitation. Summer’s high in July averages 82 degrees, and the winter low in January is 40 degrees.
- Seniors in Goleta enjoy a crime rate lower than the national average. On a scale of 1 to 100 with 1 representing low crime, Goleta’s violent crime scores 13.4 and property crime is 23.8. These are much lower than the US numbers of 22.7 and 35.4.
- The American Lung Association grades nearby Santa Barbara’s air quality with an “F” for ozone levels, although it scores an "A" for particle pollution. Seniors with lung or cardiovascular disease are particularly at risk when spending time outdoors when ozone pollution levels are high.
- Goleta’s cost of living is twice that of the US average, and nearly 70 percent higher than the state average. However, much of this is due to the very high cost of housing. Seniors will pay less for groceries, utilities and healthcare in Goleta than the national and state averages.
- Goleta is about 7 miles from the beautiful city of Santa Barbara (“The American Riviera”), which provides its senior residents with plentiful cultural activities. World-class dance, music, comedy and lecture events are plentiful in the area, which also claims the nationally recognized UCSB Arts & Lectures organization.
- The Goleta area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital and Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Goleta
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Goleta start around $3,995 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Goleta and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Goleta
California's Medicaid system, or Medi-Cal, offers four programs to help seniors pay for assisted living. The Assisted Living Waiver Program (ALWP) is designed to help those who are eligible for nursing home care to instead live in an assisted living facility. Room and board is not covered, but services such as personal care assistance, medication administration and prepared meals are.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Goleta
Goleta and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Goleta, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Goleta Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Goleta
Goleta-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Goleta
Review of Mariposa at Ellwood Shores
Each time i visit Mariposa I am invited into a friendly engaged community where residents are cherished and loved. There is an abundance of caring staff to answer any question and help. The large m... Read more