2 Assisted Living Facilities in Lompoc, CA
The average cost of assisted living in Lompoc is $3,795 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Mission Hills with an average starting cost of $2,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lompoc. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lompoc 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lompoc, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lompoc
Seniors who enjoy gardening will be enamored with Lompoc, which is situated in the "Valley of Arts and Flowers." The flower fields bloom in spectacular color each year from spring to fall, and every summer the Lompoc Valley Flower Festival celebrates the city's floral heritage.
Lompoc has two assisted living facilities in the city and there are another 17 in the nearby communities of Santa Maria and Solvang. Known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs), they are licensed and monitored by California's Department of Social Services, Senior Care Licensing Program.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lompoc
- The Lompoc area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lompoc Valley Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
City of Lompoc Transit (COLT) provides public transportation in the city. There is a fixed-route service, and seniors may be eligible for origin-to-destination transport with a substantial discount on fares.
- Lompoc has a thriving arts and culture community which seniors will enjoy. Art lovers can explore some of the city's 40 murals, and the Cypress Gallery showcases local artists. Some residential care facilities organize group trips to visit local museums or watch performances by the Lompoc Pops Orchestra.
- Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors will enjoy Lompoc's 285 days of sunshine each year. Temperatures are generally pleasant year-round, with July highs around 72 degrees Fahrenheit and January lows of 43 degrees.
- Air quality in Santa Barbara County, which includes Lompoc, is mixed. The American Lung Association gives the county an A grade for particle pollution, but ozone pollution is high, and the county fails in this category. Seniors with respiratory conditions should take this into consideration when planning their retirement.
- The cost of living in Lompoc is around 22 percent higher than the national average — largely due to the high cost of housing. Seniors may be able to save money on groceries and health care, which are both less expensive than the national average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lompoc
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Lompoc start around $3,795 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lompoc and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lompoc
Seniors in Lompoc are unable to take advantage of California's Assisted Living Waiver (ALW) as it's currently unavailable in Santa Barbara County. However, seniors receiving income from Social Security may be able to secure financial assistance from the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lompoc
Lompoc and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lompoc, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lompoc
Lompoc-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lompoc
Review of Fountain Square of Lompoc
My aunt's husband moved in last 1st of April. The staff is very good, competent, and caring. The care and the food are better than the place that he used to be. Read more
Review of Fountain Square of Lompoc
I had the chance to tour the facility and it was very, very nice. The apartments were very nice and very clean. Read more