29 Assisted Living Facilities near Nipomo, CA
There are 29 Assisted Living Facilities in the Nipomo area, with 4 in Nipomo and 25 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Nipomo is $3,795 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Santa Maria with an average starting cost of $2,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 51 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Nipomo. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Nipomo 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Nipomo, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Nipomo, CA
25 Assisted Living Facilities near Nipomo, CA
Assisted Living near Nipomo, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Nipomo
Review of The Oaks at Nipomo
The Oaks at Nipomo is a country club or like a 5-star hotel. Everything is brand new. They're opening up a bistro that allows residents 24-hour access to food and beverages. It's an unbelievable pl... Read more
Assisted Living near San Luis Obispo County, CA
More Options Near Nipomo, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Nipomo
Nipomo is a small city in San Luis Obispo County, set in the steep hills overlooking Dana Point, which has been called "the only romantic spot on the coast" by the writer it's named after.
Home to just 16,700 people, 15 percent of them seniors age 65 and over, Nipomo has 29 assisted living facilities in and around its territory. These communities, like all residential care facilities in the state, are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Nipomo
- Weather in Nipomo is idyllic. Summer highs this close to the beach, and halfway up the hill, average 79 degrees. The very mild winters in Nipomo see average low temperatures of 43 degrees for a few months a year. Generally clear skies mean just 14 inches of rain fall on Nipomo's stretch of the coast each year, though the forested hills produce a lot of tree pollen that might bother some seniors with asthma.
- The cost of living in Nipomo is slightly less than the average for the rest of California, though it is still 67 percent higher than the national average. Some of this extra cost is in the higher-than-average housing price, though healthcare in Nipomo can be up to 12 percent less expensive than the national average cost.
- Crime rates in Nipomo are almost perfectly in line with national rates. Property crimes, such as petty theft, are somewhat more common in Nipomo, though violent crime remains rare.
- Public transportation in Nipomo is in the hands of the San Luis Obispo Regional Transit Authority (SLORTA). This service connects the communities of Pismo Beach and Santa Maria with a line running through the center of Nipomo. Seniors with valid ID get discount fares on SLORTA, which operates an ADA-compliant fleet of vehicles.
- The Nipomo area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Arroyo Grande Community Hospital and Marian Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Nipomo has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Central Coast Commission for Senior Citizens, an organization that conducts free classes to help Nipomo seniors understand Medicare and other health insurance options, as well as three senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Nipomo
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Nipomo start around $3,795 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Nipomo and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Nipomo
Nipomo seniors may be able to get help paying for some assisted living services through the state Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Nipomo
Nipomo and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Nipomo, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Nipomo
Nipomo-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.