28 Assisted Living Facilities near Palmdale, CA
There are 28 Assisted Living Facilities in the Palmdale area, with 8 in Palmdale and 20 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Palmdale is $2,800 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 49 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Palmdale. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Palmdale 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Littlerock with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Palmdale, call (855) 863-8283.
8 Assisted Living Facilities in Palmdale, CA
20 Assisted Living Facilities near Palmdale, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Palmdale
Review of Rancho Vista Manor
Rancho Vista Manor was a fairly new, clean facility that had all of the amenities right there. They would even let me keep my dog. I was impressed with it. The staff was very accommodating, and the... Read more
Review of Rancho Vista Manor
Rancho Vista was very nice. Our tour was good. Everybody was very professional and very nice. They took their time to show us stuff. The facilities were very nice. They were pretty clean, modern, w... Read more
Review of Rancho Vista Manor
I like Rancho Vista Manor because they have a cruise-ship mentality, i.e., you don't have to cook, and they have a lot of services for you. The people were nice and friendly. They pretty much have ... Read more
Assisted Living near Los Angeles County, CA
More Options Near Palmdale, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Palmdale
The city of Palmdale sits on the outskirts of Los Angeles, California. Seniors looking for a quiet town with access to a major city nearby may prefer one of Palmdale's eight assisted living facilities, called Resident Care Facilities (RCF). There are also 20 others nearby to choose from. The California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division monitors and regulates all RCFs in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Palmdale
- Local Palmdale residents experience occasional poor air quality, with weed, tree and grass pollutants. Residents can also suffer from ozone pollutants brought on from known local wildfires. Seniors living with respiratory issues may find issues participating in outdoor ADLs long-term.
- The city of Palmdale experiences little rainfall, averaging 7.4 inches of rain annually. Locals suffer hot days averaging between 60 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. It's contrasted with cool nights that drop as much as 30 degrees from the day temperature.
- Palmdale crime rates are higher than 51 percent of other California cities of matching size. Violent crime rates exceed both the state and national average, while property crimes are significantly lower than both.
- While the cost of living in California is 52 percent higher than the national average, the Palmdale area is only 9 percent higher. This higher average is largely due to housing expenses, with health care and grocery expenses both being lower than the national average.
- California is not known for being tax-friendly towards seniors. Residents pay a combined local and state tax of 9.5 percent in the Palmdale area. This combined tax is higher than both the national and state average. SSI is tax-exempt while all other retirement income is subject to local and state taxes.
- Palmdale, part of Los Angeles County, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or country a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Palmdale
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Palmdale start around $2,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Palmdale and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Palmdale
Eligible seniors can find financial assistance through Medicaid and two government programs, including the Medicaid 1915(c) Assisted Living Waiver Program, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Palmdale
Palmdale and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Palmdale, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Palmdale
Palmdale-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.