77 Assisted Living Facilities near Daly City, CA
Also serving communities of Colma.
There are 77 Assisted Living Facilities in the Daly City area, with 6 in Daly City and 71 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Daly City is $3,870 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include South San Francisco with an average starting cost of $3,850.
To help you with your search, browse the 203 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Daly City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Daly City 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include South San Francisco with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Daly City find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Daly City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Daly City, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Daly City
Perched on the Northern California coast, Daly City, California, puts culture-seeking seniors a stone’s throw from world-class shopping, dining and entertainment. Daly City is home to approximately 107,000 residents, 16.3 percent of whom are age 65 and older. Seniors who require support for daily living activities can choose from six assisted living facilities in Daly City and another 75 in nearby communities.
In Daly City as in the rest of California, assisted living communities are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). They are licensed and regulated by the California Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Daly City
- Sperling’s Comfort Index scores Daly City’s climate an 82 out of 100, justified by the 261 sunny days per year. July summer highs reach 62 degrees, and January winter lows drop to 45. Seniors who like a stable year-round climate with few extremes might be very comfortable in Daly City.
- The Daly City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Seton Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Violent and property crime rates in Daly City are significantly lower than the U.S. average. The city has a property crime rate of 13.3, and a property crime rate of 25.5, both considerably lower than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- It's easy for seniors to get around in Daily City thanks to Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) and SamTrans bus services. SamTrans offers a discounted fare for seniors 65 and over. BART offers several programs for people over 65, including a Senior Clipper Card that provides a 62.5 percent fare discount.
- Daly City has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Healthy Aging Response Team (HART), a group of peer volunteers connecting seniors and disabled persons to services in the community. The multipurpose Doelger Senior Center provides classes, speakers, wellness services and home-delivered meals.
- Daly City’s enviable Bay Area location brings with it a high cost of living. Daly City is nearly 150 percent more expensive than the average U.S. city. Housing and transportation costs are very high, with the median home price approaching $1 million.
Paying for Assisted Living in Daly City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Daly City start around $3,870 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Daly City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Daly City
The Assisted Living Waiver Program (ALWP) may help some seniors in Daly City afford assisted living services like personal care assistance, medication administration and prepared meals.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Daly City
Daly City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Daly City, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Daly City Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Daly City
Daly City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Daly City, CA
Other Options in Daly City, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Daly City
Review of Damenik's Home (Daly City)
Damenik's Home is a small house, and they have a maximum of six residents in there. It was aesthetically updated and clean. The caregivers were nice, too. The room that we have is private, but ther... Read more
Review of Atria Daly City
We toured Atria Daly City, and our total experience was good. Jennifer, who was the new general manager there, could have handled things a bit differently during the interview process. We went in t... Read more
Review of Atria Daly City
My mother moved to Atria Daly City's assisted living, and it has been wonderful. So far, everything has been great. They have been very helpful with getting my mom settled and guiding me through th... Read more