Peninsula Del Rey

Reviews of Peninsula Del Rey

Assisted Living Reviews for Peninsula Del Rey

February 20, 2017

By coco9

Visited a very close friend yesterday, Sunday, and found her in the bathroom. She said she needed to go badly but no one came when she pressed the button a couple ofbtimes to call for assistance. So she tried to just slowly walk by herself. We waited till she was done and helped her out.nn She was already out and sitting when a staff came to check on her. I started questioning her why it took solo long before help could come. She said that they are very busy and actually its not her team who is responsible for my friend and that she's just trying to help. I believe that the staff are good in doing their job in assisting patients. The issue here is shortage of staff versus the number of patients that they have.. So I hope the head , JIMMY,- as i was given his name - would be able to assist and help with this kind of problem before something happens to the patient and you get sued for negligence.. Also, there was a time that breakfast was delivered late. Again, reason was "coz they are very busy". Place is expensive so it should be expected enough number of staff should be hired or have some people on-call in case it gets pretty busy.

November 01, 2016

By Jorge860830

My experience at Peninsula Del Ray was very good, and it was a very nice place. The person showing us around was very helpful, and the location was good. It was right off of the freeway and was easy to get to, and the facilities were fantastic. The actual physical building looked about 5 years old, so everything was brand new. The rooms looked a little nice, but they didn’t have kitchens -- at least not in the studios. But the prices were a little high for what we could afford. It was probably the nicest facility, physically, except that it didn’t have a pool. But as far as newness and physical layout, it was good. They had a TV room, an activities room, and a complete exercise room which was fantastic. They had all sorts of exercise equipment such as treadmills and walkers. The rooms were really nice and clean. The elevators were huge and obviously designed for wheelchair access and everything. It was a newer facility, so everything was available, and they had separate rooms for activities. They didn’t have a large courtyard or anything. You could walk around, but it didn’t have a lot of outdoor capabilities, although there’s a park right across the street. So that kind of thing was available, but it was a little ways away.

November 07, 2015

By Rosiecheeks123

I have a family member here. It's quite pricey but the amenities and services we though were worth it. But with assisted living we were told there were hourly checks and when the call button is pressed the needs will be attended to in a timely manner. There have been occasions where my relative wasn't checked on for 4 hours and when we used the call button it was at least 30 minutes. And this was not just one occasion. I'm not sure if they are short staffed or what but for the extra amount we are paying for higher levels of care, we are not seeing it. We've complained a few times but have seen little resolve. Making us question our decision of using this facility.

September 30, 2015

My mom has moved into Peninsula Del Rey last weekend. It was best suited for her and the main reason why, it has independent living and assisted living but no memory care. Before, my mom was in assisted living and memory care and the people there were not at the same level as my mom, so the social interaction wasn't good. Here, she has only been there a week and she just really likes it a lot. It is an impressive place. Every apartment has a full kitchen. My mom is pleased because there is a washer and dryer in every unit as well. They all have outdoor balconies. It is a nice place. There are plenty of activities. There is transportation to and from doctors. There is shopping and weekly outings. There is a full gamut of activities. The staff is very accommodating. I'm impressed. The other places we looked at were good, but this place is just the best fit overall.

June 29, 2015

By Sandra109530250

Peninsula Del Rey was beautiful. The apartments were lovely, and the food was good. The people who gave us the tour was very lovely. They seemed to keep the people fairly busy.

February 17, 2015

By Betty106289950

I went to one of the opening of Peninsula Del Rey. It is a very nice place, so I put in an application there. The staff is all very confident, and they seem very intelligent. You can walk down the hall and each room has a glass door. So you could see in each room. There were very few people living there that time so they were very eager to get people. I don’t think they are taking anybody now. I had hors d'oeuvre, wine, and all the good stuff. It was very nice and very beautifully done. I didn't eat a meal there, but this was an opening party that they gave. There was a center court that had a small swimming pool in it. There were a lot of places you can play bridges and cards. It's very nice and all very new. The rooms looked very nice, and the people all had things in it of their own. Everything was very clean and looked very inviting. I really liked it there, but it is very expensive. They don't provide medical service in the complex, but they are very close to Seton hospital. They also have a van that takes people to shopping. They pick them up and take them into places they want to go.

June 19, 2014

By Rita21

Peninsula Del Rey was able to offer nursing care or aide care and they would bill my friend's insurance. They were able to do that. The food is really good. The workers are really good and very responsive. They're new and just opened last November. They only had one or two assisted living apartments left the last time I talked to them. But they have independent living. They're kind of upscale place. It looks like a hotel. It doesn't seem like a nursing home or assisted living at all. The rooms are beautiful. They're really big. There's a washer and dryer in the unit, a dishwasher, a full stove, living room. It can't get any better than that, in my opinion.

January 30, 2014

By Colleen10

The challenge with Peninsula Del Rey was the location isn't ideal. It is in a fog belt which can or cannot mean good weather. My mother walks two miles everyday. The area is not as conducive for walking outside the facility and they really don't have anything internal. They also don't have a pool but the facility itself was really nice and the people were really nice. They're having challenges getting that place filled and I think it is because of the location. It's expensive so if you're paying a lot of money, you want it to be a decent location as well. We did see the rooms and they were beautiful. We tried the food there and the food was excellent. The one thing with the facility is you do have to move as you change levels. Each floor is designated as independent living then it goes up to assisted living then it goes to the Alzheimer unit. You do have to move if you would have to change apartments if your needs change.

January 14, 2014

By Carl6

Peninsula del Rey is new and they offer transport services. I've eaten there twice and the food is good. The apartments have built in washers and dryers.

Independent Living Reviews for Peninsula Del Rey

November 30, 2013

By Don26

I'm happy to recommend Peninsula Del Rey. Two top reasons why I liked the place would be the accommodation. It's far better than anything I saw. It's modern and very clean. Another thing is the staff. They are wonderful, polite, kind, and friendly. Everybody helps all the time. When my mom walks down the hall, they even lend a hand or they greet her at the very least. They have a beautiful dining room. Some people aren't pleased with the bland food, but it's so much better than any food that I tasted in the other facility visits that I made.

Services and Amenities of Peninsula Del Rey

About Peninsula Del Rey

Peninsula Del Rey is a senior living provider in Daly City, California that offers residents Assisted Living and Independent Living. Contact Peninsula Del Rey for more details on services and rates.

Map of Peninsula Del Rey