25 Assisted Living Facilities near Morro Bay, CA
There are 25 Assisted Living Facilities in the Morro Bay area, with 2 in Morro Bay and 23 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 44 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Morro Bay. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Morro Bay 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include San Luis Obispo with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Morro Bay, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Morro Bay, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Morro Bay
Morro Bay is a pleasantly small beach community on one of the steeper stretches of the California coast, where green mountains of the Coastal Range sweep almost straight up from the beaches. Only 10,600 people live in Morro Bay year-round, and nearly 28 percent of them are seniors age 65 and over. At least 25 assisted living facilities operate in and around Morro Bay to provide local seniors with safe and comfortable residential care, all of which are regulated through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Morro Bay
- Morro Bay's climate is pleasant enough to draw thousands of tourists to the beach every winter, when overnight lows average just 44 degrees. Summers are similarly mild in Morro Bay, with average daily highs of just 69 degrees. Rainfall rarely rises much beyond 17.5 inches a year in Morro Bay.
- The cost of living in Morro Bay is roughly 71 percent higher than the national average. This is actually not far from California's average cost of living, which is just 69 percent above the typical national rate. In some categories of expense, Morro Bay is less expensive than average, such as healthcare, where Morro Bay's seniors may pay up to 19 percent less than the national average rate.
- Crime rates in Morro Bay are generally low. Across all categories of reported crimes, Morro Bay's rates are nearly 40 percent lower than the national average for cities of its size. While property crimes, such as theft, do happen in Morro Bay, violent crime remains rare.
- Public transportation in Morro Bay is provided by Morro Bay Transit, which operates several bus lines through town and into the immediately surrounding area along the coast. MBT offers discount fares to seniors and riders with special mobility needs, as well as an on-demand service known as Call-a-Ride, which may be able to accept same-day bookings.
- The Morro Bay area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as French Hospital Medical Center and Arroyo Grande Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Morro Bay has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Hospice of San Luis Obispo County (Hospice SLO), an organization that provides respite care for dependent seniors and their caregivers, as well as more than two senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Morro Bay
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Morro Bay start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Morro Bay and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Morro Bay
Morro Bay seniors who need help paying for some or all of the cost of assisted living may be able to get help through Medi-Cal, California's state-run Medicaid low-cost health insurance program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Morro Bay
Morro Bay and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Morro Bay, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Morro Bay
Morro Bay-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Morro Bay, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Morro Bay
Review of Casa De Flores
Casa De Flores was very nice, the staff was very nice, and the dining area was very nice. It was like a hotel that has many features. They have groups that go to Hearst Castle, and go out, and you ... Read more
Review of Casa De Flores
Casa De Flores was very lovely, but it might not work for those with age-related memory loss because there are no gates around it. It appeared to be more of a retirement home rather than assisted l... Read more
Review of Garden House
Garden House's ratio of staff is good. It's a small 15-bed facility secured with fencing. It had a nice garden area and a little bit of yard space that's secure and one that's not secured. It's ope... Read more