10 Assisted Living Facilities near Paso Robles, CA
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Paso Robles area, with 9 in Paso Robles and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Paso Robles is $4,347 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 6 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Paso Robles. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Paso Robles 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Atascadero with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Paso Robles, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Paso Robles, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Paso Robles
Paso Robles is a small community in the rolling grassy hills above San Luis Obispo. Home to just 7,600 people, a little under 19 percent of whom are seniors age 65 and over, there are just nine assisted living facilities in and around Paso Robles' city limits. Seniors in these facilities get help with regular activities of daily living (ADLs), but can still live with as much independence and privacy as their health allows.
As residential care facilities, all of Paso Robles' assisted living communities are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Paso Robles
- The weather in Paso Robles is part California coastal/part inland hill country. Dry summers see average highs of 93 degrees during the hottest months, when heat-sensitive seniors may have trouble being outside for extended times. Cool winters produce average lows of 34 degrees, when roughly 13 inches of rain fall over the area.
- The cost of living in Paso Robles is about 49 percent above the national average for all common expenses. Housing is especially expensive here, with a median home value of nearly $500,000, though other expenses are less severe. Healthcare, for example, costs just 88 percent of the national average in Paso Robles.
- Paso Robles' crime rate is roughly 15 percent lower than the national average across all crime categories. Violent crime is less common, though property crimes, such as theft, remain close to the average nationwide.
- The San Luis Obispo Regional Transit Authority operates Paso Express, which provides limited services toward the southwestern edge of Paso Robles. With just two routes, both of which connect to the larger community of San Luis Obispo, public transportation in the area is limited. Seniors qualify for a discount on Paso Express with valid ID.
- The Paso Robles area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Twin Cities Community Hospital and French Hospital Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Paso Robles area has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Central Coast Commission for Senior Citizens, an organization that connects seniors with free or low-cost transportation, legal aid, meal services and home repair services, as well as three senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Paso Robles
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Paso Robles start around $4,347 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Paso Robles and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Paso Robles
San Luis Obispo County does not participate in California's Medicaid waiver program, but the Paso Robles Community Development Department does administer a community block grant that helps cover some of the cost of operating assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Paso Robles
Paso Robles and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Paso Robles, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Paso Robles
Paso Robles-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Paso Robles, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Paso Robles
Review of Creston Village
We went here and we liked it. The staff was great and really nice, they have a library, a movie theater, and an area where they watch TV. We saw a regular outdoor area where you can go outside. Read more
Review of Creston Village
The community I looked at was in Paso Robles. The experience was good. I was impressed with them. The facility was very nice. It’s close to a relative; that’s why I’m impressed. I thought the staff... Read more
Review of Creston Village
The staff and the surroundings were very good. I was impressed. However, it is 45 or 30 miles away from where my parents live. They were very accommodating and showed me the dining area or facility... Read more