30 Assisted Living Facilities near Atascadero, CA
Also serving communities of Templeton.
There are 30 Assisted Living Facilities in the Atascadero area, with 10 in Atascadero and 20 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Atascadero is $4,533 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Paso Robles with an average starting cost of $4,347.
To help you with your search, browse the 57 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Atascadero. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Atascadero 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Morro Bay with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Atascadero, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Atascadero, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Atascadero
Part of the inland San Luis Obispo County area, Atascadero has a population of around 30,674 and 15.8 percent of residents are 65 and over. Seniors can choose from 10 assisted living facilities (ALFs) in town and 24 nearby. The state of California calls them Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCF). Each facility is regulated and licensed by The California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD), which maintains strict policies to uphold the safety and wellness of seniors while under the supervision of a caregiver.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Atascadero
- The cost of living in Atascadero is comparable to the state average and 53 percent higher than the national average. Relative to neighboring cities, seniors save 12.7 percent on groceries, 2.8 percent on health care services, 17 percent on utilities, 3.7 percent on transportation services and 10.3 percent on good and services.
- Seniors who live in Atascadero experience unsteady air quality levels throughout the year. The American Lung Association (ALA) ranked the area of San Luis Obispo, including Atascadero, as having the 18th worse particle pollution in the nation. Seniors with respiratory issues are advised to stay inside during fall and spring months when pollution is highest here.
- The town is considered safer than 51 percent of other similar sized cities and towns in the state. Comparable to the state, violent crime rates are lower by 15.2 percent, property crime by 46 percent and crimes per square mile by 256 percent.
- Cold, rainy winter weather is typical in Atascadero, reducing outdoor recreation opportunities for seniors from November to April. Seniors with breathing and general lung problems may find the hot, dry summer weather problematic here.
- Ride-On Transportation serves seniors affordable transportation services throughout the San Luis Obispo County, including Atascadero. All rides are door-to-door, making it easy and secure for seniors to get around the area throughout the week.
- Atascadero has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Atascadero Fun Club, an organization that provides events, trips, programs and activities and offer a senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Atascadero
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Atascadero start around $4,533 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Atascadero and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Atascadero
California Medicaid, Medi-Cal, offers seniors financial assistance through the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW). The state also provides seniors with two aid options, including the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Atascadero
Atascadero and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Atascadero, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Atascadero
Atascadero-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Atascadero, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Atascadero
Review of Atascadero Christian Community/Bethesda House
My aunt moved into Atascadero Christian Community. I like that they check on her every couple hours, all throughout the day and night, and it's only five minutes away from where I live. It's a rela... Read more
Review of Garden View Inn
We were very fortunate to have chosen the Garden View Inn for my mother. She has been there several years, and we continue to be impressed with the compassionate, polite and attentive staff. The o... Read more
Review of Ingleside Assisted Living
Ingleside Assisted Living is very good, but it's very small. They're doing a great job and the staff is wonderful. My mother is in a single room with a private bathroom, and it's the same for every... Read more