23 Assisted Living Facilities near Lancaster, CA
Also serving communities of Quartz Hill, Rosamond.
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lancaster area, with 17 in Lancaster and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lancaster is $2,913 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Palmdale with an average starting cost of $2,800.
To help you with your search, browse the 50 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lancaster. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lancaster 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Palmdale with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lancaster, call (855) 863-8283.
17 Assisted Living Facilities in Lancaster, CA
6 Assisted Living Facilities near Lancaster, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lancaster
A young city, Lancaster. California, was incorporated in 1977 and over the years has won awards in various categories of municipal service. Seniors living in Lancaster make up over 9 percent of the city's 156,000 residents and have 17 assisted living communities from which to choose There are an additional 12 in located in surrounding neighborhoods.
Known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs) in California, assisted living facilities are governed by The California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division and Continuing Care Contracts Branch.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lancaster
- Not only is the cost of living throughout California 52.3 percent more expensive than the national average, Lancaster itself is 3.60 percent higher than the rest of the state. This could be a concern for seniors on a tight budget.
- While violent crime in Lancaster is higher than the U. S. average at 48.1 compared to 31.1, property crime is slightly lower at 33.8.
- Lancaster has a mild climate that may help keep seniors comfortable and active throughout the year. With only one inch of snow annually, highs of 98 degrees and lows of 31, Lancaster receives a comfort index of 82 out of 100.
- Much of Southern California suffers from poor air quality. Lancaster is located in Los Angeles County which received an F grade from the American Lung Association. This could be a problem for seniors with a respiratory illness.
- Los Angeles County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Qualified seniors who are looking to save money may enjoy some of California's tax benefits such as tax-free prescription medication, property tax deferrals, and the Senior Income Tax Exemption Credit.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lancaster
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Lancaster start around $2,913 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lancaster and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lancaster
Seniors seeking financial assistance in California may be able to cover assisted living costs through California's Medicaid plan, Medi-Cal. In addition to Medi-Cal the state also has four waiver programs referred to as Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) that qualified seniors can apply to.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lancaster
Lancaster and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lancaster, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lancaster
Lancaster-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lancaster, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lancaster
Review of Prestige Assisted Living at Lancaster
We went with Heavenly Home Care for my dad. I looked at a few places with some people and this one seemed the best. My dad is now in his second month there. I would recommend them. The place is nic... Read more
Review of The Havens at Antelope Valley
We chose Antelope Valley Retirement Villa for my mom, and so far our experience has been good. It's just a small community, and she is on the second floor. She has a private room, a nice-sized room... Read more
Review of Prestige Assisted Living at Lancaster
Prestige Assisted Living at Lancaster was excellent for my dad, but it was very expensive. They had studios and apartments. The studio was very beautiful, but I was looking for something a little b... Read more