58 Assisted Living Facilities near Hemet, CA
There are 58 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hemet area, with 21 in Hemet and 37 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Hemet is $2,817 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Menifee with an average starting cost of $2,775.
To help you with your search, browse the 220 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hemet. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hemet 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Murrieta with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 21 families in Hemet find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hemet, call (855) 863-8283.
21 Assisted Living Facilities in Hemet, CA
37 Assisted Living Facilities near Hemet, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hemet
Located in the San Jacinto Valley in Riverside County, Hemet, California is a senior friendly community. Residents ages 65 and up make up over 21 percent of the population in Hemet. To serve this group, there are 18 assisted living facilities in Hemet, with 45 in nearby areas such as Sun City and San Jacinto. The Department of Social Services’ Community Care Licensing Division regulates residential care facilities (RCFs) in Hemet and the rest of California.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hemet
- Seniors in Hemet enjoy plenty of sunshine and hot temperatures in the summer, highs are around 98, and mild winters, lows are around 39. Hemet ranks 83 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index for its plethora of sunny days, which beats the national average of 54. The city has around 271 sunny days per year, while the U.S. as a whole only has about 205.
- Hemet is served by an excellent public transportation system that travels all over the city. Medicaid card holders and seniors age 60 and older qualify for a reduced fare on all fixed-route services.
- The Hemet area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hemet Valley Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Hemet’s cost of living is slightly higher than the national average. The city has a ranking of 109.4, while the U.S. ranks 100. This means that assisted living costs, groceries and other expenses may be more expensive for seniors in Hemet than in some other cities.
- The Hemet violent crime rate is 44.3, which is higher than the national average of 31.1. There’s a higher chance of theft for seniors in Hemet because the city has a property crime rate of 53.7; the national average is 38.1.
- Hemet is one of the least tax-friendly cities for seniors. Retirement and pension accounts are fully taxed, and purchases in Hemet may cost more than in other areas of the country because of California’s high sales tax rates.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hemet
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Hemet start around $2,782 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hemet and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hemet
Although assisted living in Hemet can be expensive, there are financial assistance programs for which seniors may qualify. One such program is the Assisted Living Waiver (ALW) provided through Medicaid. Another program that helps seniors reduce assisted living costs is the Optional State Supplement (OSS), which is available to eligible seniors receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hemet
Hemet and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hemet, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hemet
Hemet-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Hemet, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hemet
Review of Vista Montana Senior Living
Vista Montana Senior Living's assisted living is very clean and there are things for the seniors to do. They have a bonus area where the staff interacts with the residents and they have activities ... Read more
Review of Citrus Court
My brother is at Citrus Court. I like it. It is an appealing and comfortable place. The residents can come out of their rooms and walk around the grounds. They have access to a community room where... Read more
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Hemet
Very knowledgeable and friendly staff. Beautiful facility. Read more