298 Assisted Living Facilities near Menifee, CA
Also serving communities of Winchester.
There are 298 Assisted Living Facilities in the Menifee area, with 7 in Menifee and 291 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Menifee is $2,775 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Perris with an average starting cost of $2,195.
To help you with your search, browse the 915 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Menifee. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Menifee 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sun City with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Menifee, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Menifee, CA
291 Assisted Living Facilities near Menifee, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Menifee
Assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Menifee, which is located in Southwestern Riverside County, have a monthly cost that is comparable to the $4,250 state average. All seven local communities and 53 nearby ones are licensed by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division. In California, ALFs are referred to as residential care facilities for the elderly (RCFEs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Menifee
- The cost of living in Menifee is less expensive than the state average by 18.7 percent but still costlier than the national average by 28 percent. Seniors living in California on a low or fixed income may find it more affordable to live in Menifee than the surrounding areas, with more moderate grocery and health expenses by 5.1 and 8 percent, respectively.
- California is not known for being tax-friendly, and it does not provide seniors with a tax-exemption on retirement income other than Social Security. Menifee residents have a combined 8.75 percent sales tax compared to the 6 percent national average and 8.54 percent state average.
- Residents in Menifee experience comfortable year-round temperatures, averaging between 50 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit. Low temperatures during the coldest months, November through March, rarely drop below 37 degrees. Seniors looking to enjoy an active lifestyle during the winter months can enjoy the convenient temperatures in Menifee.
- Menifee is not high on the list of safest places to live. It is ranked 24 out of 100, with 100 being the safest. Seniors do have comfort in knowing that violent crime rates per square mile are 44 percent lower than the state average.
- Seniors living in Menifee may frequently experience bad air quality warnings according to the U.S. air pollution monitors and the American Lung Association. The elevated levels of ozone and pollen pollution that persist can aggravate respiratory issues.
- Menifee has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Seniors Active & Fit Enrichment "SAFE" Program, an organization that provides seniors with engaging programs as well as the Kay Ceniceros Senior Center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Menifee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Menifee start around $2,775 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Menifee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Menifee
California Medi-Cal (Medicaid) supports an Assisted Living Waiver (ALW) for low-income, eligible individuals which may help pay for some costs of assisted living. The state also provides an optional state supplement (OSS) to SSI benefits that may be used for personal needs expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Menifee
Menifee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Menifee, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Menifee
Menifee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Menifee
Review of Sunny Rose Glen
My friend is a 100% disabled veteran. When I placed her at SRG I was assured her rent would stay the same until her needs changed. Her needs have not changed yet her rent/care fees were raised 28... Read more
Review of Sunny Rose Glen
Sunny Rose Glen is very good, and we chose them after looking at six other places because they offer a better program. The staff is very good and cooperative, and we have no complaints about the fo... Read more
Review of Sunny Rose Glen
We liked Sunny Rose Glen so much, and they spent a lot of time showing us the rooms. The director was very nice, great, and helpful. The place looked new and clean. Some of the residents were sitti... Read more