47 Assisted Living Facilities near Murrieta, CA
There are 47 Assisted Living Facilities in the Murrieta area, with 22 in Murrieta and 25 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Murrieta is $3,172 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Temecula with an average starting cost of $3,162.
To help you with your search, browse the 164 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Murrieta. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Murrieta 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Dana Point with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Murrieta find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Murrieta, call (855) 863-8283.
22 Assisted Living Facilities in Murrieta, CA
25 Assisted Living Facilities near Murrieta, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Murrieta
Located in southwestern Riverside County, Murrieta, California is a rapidly growing city with almost 12 percent of residents ages 65 and over. Aging adults looking for assisted living facilities in Murrieta will find 21 there and 37 in nearby cities. These facilities are licensed and regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Murrieta
- The cost of living in Murrieta is considered higher than the national average by 36 percent. It is lower than the state average by 16 percent, which makes it one of the more affordable cities for seniors with a limited income.
- The Murrieta area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Rancho Springs Medical Center, Loma Linda University Medical Center and Inland Valley Medical Center in the event of medical emergencies or illnesses.
- Murrieta residents experience some of the worse air quality conditions in the nation. The Air Quality Index (AQI) reports constant Ozone and particle pollutants due to pollen and wildfires. The city is ranked in the top 10 for worse air quality in three categories by the American Lung Association (ALC).
- Seniors can enjoy the mild year-round weather in Murrieta, with temperature lows averaging between 40 degrees to 60 degrees Fahrenheit. The warmest months, June through November, have an average high-temperature between 75 to 82 degrees Fahrenheit. The average high for winter averages between 68 to 73 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Murrieta is considered one of the safest places to live in the nation with a crime rate lower than 73 percent of California neighborhoods. Seniors can enjoy a evening walk, feeling safe, knowing the town has almost no violent crime rate.
- California is not tax-friendly and doesn't provide seniors with any tax-exemption on retirement income besides SSI. Murrieta residents have a 7.5 percent sales tax, which is lower than the 8.54 percent state average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Murrieta
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Murrieta start around $3,172 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Murrieta and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Murrieta
Eligible seniors can find financial assistance services in Murrieta through the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Murrieta
Murrieta and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Murrieta, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Murrieta
Murrieta-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Murrieta
Review of Renaissance Village Murrieta
Renaissance Village Murrieta was really nice. The room was excellent. The interior was spacious. As far as activities outside, there wasn't a big space. The whole ambience was really nice. However,... Read more
Review of Pacifica Living Center
Pacifica Living Center is clean. The people who work there are professional and caring. I have no complaints. Hospice is taking care of my husband's medical. He has his own room and he gets three m... Read more
Review of Brookdale Murrieta
My first impression of Brookdale Murrieta was it was outdated and other places were much nicer. We didn't care for the room we saw, it was just a room with nothing different about it. The staff who... Read more