86 Assisted Living Facilities near Bonita, CA
There are 86 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bonita area, with 2 in Bonita and 84 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bonita is $4,450 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Chula Vista with an average starting cost of $3,020.
To help you with your search, browse the 285 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bonita. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bonita 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bonita, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Bonita, CA
84 Assisted Living Facilities near Bonita, CA
Promotion ends in 7 days!
Get 1/2 off your New Resident Fee when you lease by April 30!* See our Sales Director for details.
Assisted Living near Bonita, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bonita
Review of Vintage Home and Residential Care
My friend was in Vintage Home and Residential Care, and they worked hard to try and make it a safe and happy environment. I think her room is above average. They have bingo, fingernail polish, musi... Read more
More Options Near Bonita, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bonita
"Bonita" means "pretty" in Spanish, and the town of Bonita occupies one of the more scenic spots in the southern San Diego basin. Over 12,500 people live in Bonita, more than 20 percent of whom are seniors age 65 and above. Many of Bonita's senior residents live independently in one of the area's 85 assisted living facilities, which offer safe, comfortable homes where seniors can get help with their normal activities of daily living (ADLs).
Bonita's assisted living communities, like all such facilities in the state, are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bonita
- The weather in Bonita is mostly sunny, with several solid months of breezy sunshine every year. Summer highs in Bonita average 76 degrees, and winter lows average 48 overnight. Bonita get only 10.5 inches of rain a year, arid conditions which can sometimes send a cloud of dust into town and aggravate some seniors' COPD or asthma.
- The cost of living in Bonita is high by national standards, but moderate compared with the rest of urbanized California. Costs in Bonita average 87 percent above the typical national rates, where California's average is 69 percent higher than the national average. Healthcare in Bonita is comparatively affordable, with average costs 15 percent below the typical price paid nationwide.
- Crime rates in Bonita are lower than the average rate nationwide. Across all categories, crime rates in Bonita are about 20 percent lower than the national average. Violent crime rates in the town are lower still.
- Public transportation in Bonita is provided by San Diego's Metropolitan Transit System (MTS). The MTS operates bus lines throughout the city and several rail lines downtown. Senior discounts are available for riders age 62 and over, as well as disabled ride services for the mobility impaired.
- The Bonita area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista and Scripps Coastal Medical Center Eastlake, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- San Diego is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bonita
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Bonita start around $4,450 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bonita and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bonita
Seniors in Bonita who meet Medicaid's income and asset requirements may qualify for participation in California's Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver program. This waiver program covers some or all of the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bonita
Bonita and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bonita, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bonita
Bonita-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.