Westmont at San Miguel Ranch

Reviews of Westmont at San Miguel Ranch

Assisted Living Reviews for Westmont at San Miguel Ranch

September 28, 2016

By April874833

My grandmother has actually made her decision, and right now she’s in the process of getting the doctor’s clearance; then, we’ll contact the facility to set the date. She's moving into Westmont at San Miguel Ranch. The whole facility is just gorgeous. It is set on its own property, so that is really nice. There is not a lot of traffic in the area, but it’s also centrally located to some of the other stores. On the west side, it looks like it is isolated and up on a hill with nothing around, but it actually has some shopping and dining just right across the street. The location of it is really good. It’s also really close to my grandpa, which is a factor in her deciding which facility. Also, they have a lot more customization as to whatever she wants. Like if she wants to move different furniture or if she wants something different as a meal, they’re a little more catering to her. We spent a lot of time there, all the people were really nice, and they had a lot more activities. Also, the one that I like that I don’t think my grandmother realize is it’s a non-smoking facility. There’s no smoking. My grandmother smokes, and she needs to not smoke, so being there is going to make it difficult for her to smoke because she has to go all the way out of the property; she won’t be able to do that. So I really like that it’s non-smoking because not only that she cannot smoke but she also will not be tempted to smoke by other smokers. The only thing is I would have liked to see is more outdoor community areas for just the family. They do cater to families coming in; there is reserved seating and separate dining that you can rent out. The theater is gorgeous. They do have the Wii, and I’m sure it would be more of a hazard maybe to have more outdoor activities, but I would like to see my grandmother being more active outdoors.

July 07, 2016

By Louis653142

Westmont at San Miguel Ranch is a small facility. I like their exercise room, and the dining area was very nice and quiet. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They had a gym, but not a pool. The residents seemed to be quite happy.

December 28, 2015

By Harry26

I visited Westmont at San Miguel Ranch. It was very nice but just too far from the house. It was a little hotel-like, but it was very nice. It would probably be my second choice for my mother. It was very nice. It may be a little too much for what she needs, but it was fine. I didn't see anything negative about it except maybe it was a little overdone. The rooms were larger than average. They had a washer and dryer, which my mother doesn’t need. They had a kitchenette in all rooms. I looked at the menu, and it was fine. The way they catered to their residents stood out to me. They seemed to know them all and looked after them. They would feed them no matter what time they showed up in the dining room.

Memory Care Reviews for Westmont at San Miguel Ranch

Questions about Westmont at San Miguel Ranch

What transportation services does Westmont at San Miguel Ranch offer to assisted living residents?

Free transportation within a radius, wheelchair accessible van and car available.

What safety features or security measures does Westmont at San Miguel Ranch offer to assisted living residents?

Secured community overnight, pendants and wander guards available.

How does Westmont at San Miguel Ranch keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Zoom calls, Life Loop log in to follow residents during activities and special events.

If Westmont at San Miguel Ranch accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Outdoor patio and yard space; dogs must be leased in the community.

What safety features or security measures does Westmont at San Miguel Ranch provide to protect residents who wander?

Pendants and wander guards

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Westmont at San Miguel Ranch

Westmont at San Miguel Ranch in southern San Diego County is a warm, inviting senior living community designed for your comfort and care.

Here, you'll find Independent and Assisted Living as well as Memory Care options, with amenities and activities designed to promote optimum well-being and a positive, active lifestyle.

San Diego County retains a relaxing, peaceful feel, and offers both scenic beauty and a bounty of things to do. Amidst the rolling hills of Chula Vista, you'll find a nature center, churches, a popular playhouse and several stores and restaurants. In fact, we're just across the street from cafes, a grocery store, coffee shops and more. And, of course, all of San Diego is yours to explore, with its beautiful beaches, shopping and world-famous attractions.

Map of Westmont at San Miguel Ranch