120 Assisted Living Facilities near Spring Valley, CA
There are 120 Assisted Living Facilities in the Spring Valley area, with 7 in Spring Valley and 113 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Spring Valley is $2,850 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Chula Vista with an average starting cost of $2,845.
To help you with your search, browse the 350 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Spring Valley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Spring Valley 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bonita with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Spring Valley, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Spring Valley, CA
113 Assisted Living Facilities near Spring Valley, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Spring Valley
Spring Valley is a welcoming residential community on the eastern edge of the San Diego metropolitan area. Set back a way from the coast, Spring Valley is home to 28,000 people, 12.6 percent of whom are seniors age 65 and over. The area around Spring Valley has 116 assisted living facilities licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Spring Valley
- The climate in Spring Valley is almost always warm and dry, but with light showers in the winter. Summer highs in this part of San Diego County average 85 degrees, and winter lows average 45 degrees overnight. Spring Valley is a bit inland from the coastal areas of San Diego, close to the ocean, but it still gets almost 14 inches of rain a year.
- The cost of living in Spring Valley is high by national standards, but it is almost exactly in line with the average cost in California, which is 69 percent above the national figure. Housing can be expensive in eastern San Diego County, but healthcare in Spring Valley is 15 percent less expensive than the national average.
- The crime rate in Spring Valley is close to the national average, but somewhat lower in many key categories. Property crimes, such as theft, are close to the national average, around 10 percent below, but violent crime rates are lower still, which keeps the average across all crime categories close to 20 percent below the national rate.
- Public transportation in the Spring Valley area is part of the larger San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) network. This service offers discount travel for seniors age 60 and above, as well as for riders with disabilities. Disabled ride services are available on scheduled and per-request basis.
- The Spring Valley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Scripps Coastal Medical Center Eastlake and Sharp Grossmont Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- San Diego County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Spring Valley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Spring Valley start around $2,700 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Spring Valley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Spring Valley
Spring Valley is part of San Diego County, which is one of 15 places in the state that is eligible for California's Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Medicaid waiver program. Seniors in Spring Valley can use this waiver to cover some of the cost of assisted living in any covered county.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Spring Valley
Spring Valley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Spring Valley, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Spring Valley
Spring Valley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Spring Valley, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Spring Valley
Review of Spring Valley Senior Living
Monterey Trellis doesn’t have any activities; there are a lot of things that are being itemized and charged for. The community is OK, but I am more interested in affordable cost. I wouldn’t recomme... Read more
Review of Mount Miguel Covenant Village
The one that we cared a lot about was called Mount Miguel Covenant Village. Prior to getting to the facility, the neighborhood around is not a safe area. The facility itself is very, very nice. The... Read more
Review of Spring Valley Senior Living
My mother has been at Monterey Trellis for years and we couldn't be more happy since she is happy and very content with the life that she enjoys.. Our father passed away back in 2009, so it is a g... Read more