121 Assisted Living Facilities near Lemon Grove, CA
There are 121 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lemon Grove area, with 4 in Lemon Grove and 117 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lemon Grove is $3,430 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Spring Valley with an average starting cost of $2,850.
To help you with your search, browse the 359 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lemon Grove. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lemon Grove 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Spring Valley with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lemon Grove, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Lemon Grove, CA
117 Assisted Living Facilities near Lemon Grove, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lemon Grove
Planting and shipping lemons was one of the first industries in Lemon Grove, California, but it was quickly abandoned, although the town's name is a record of these humble beginnings. Less than 10 miles east of San Diego, Lemon Grove is now a small city with a little over 27,000 residents, and people aged 65 and over make up 12 percent of the population.
Seniors who need help with daily tasks can choose from 118 assisted living communities in the area and four in Lemon Grove, providing seniors and their families with many options. Lemon Grove and the state of California refer to assisted living facilities as residential care facilities (RCFs), which are licensed and overseen by the California Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lemon Grove
- The Lemon Grove area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, the nearest major hospital is located in La Mesa.
- The weather in Lemon Grove is mild throughout the year with average winter temperatures in the mid to high 60s and summer temperatures in the high 70s and the low 80s. Active seniors can plenty of opportunities to enjoy outdoor activities.
- Seniors on a fixed income appreciate the lack of taxes on their Social Security benefits. However, the state does tax all other forms of retirement incomes from pensions to retirement saving accounts, such as IRAs and 401(k). In some cases, seniors can apply for a reduction in their property taxes to make the most of their incomes.
- Seniors need a generous income to live in the area. Lemon Grove has an overall cost of living that's 52 percent higher than the national average but 16 percent lower than the California average.
- Seniors need to remain alert in Lemon Grove since the overall crime rate is six percent higher than the national average but one percent lower than California's average.
- The San Diego and Lemon Grove area doesn't have the best air quality as measured by the American Lung Association. Seniors who have respiratory issues might want to consider this factor.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lemon Grove
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Lemon Grove start around $3,430 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lemon Grove and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lemon Grove
California offers few resources for seniors who need help paying for assisted living facilities. California's Medicaid program, Medi-Cal can provide some assistance to low-income seniors. There are also Medicaid waivers to help seniors with assisted living costs such as the Assisted Living Waiver Program (ALWP) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lemon Grove
Lemon Grove and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lemon Grove, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lemon Grove
Lemon Grove-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lemon Grove
Review of Monte Vista Village
Monte Vista Village had nice grounds and landscaping. The rooms were a little larger than average. All rooms had a garden view, too. The staff was very friendly, welcoming, inviting, and profession... Read more
Review of Sungarden Terrace
My appointment at Sungarden Terrace was really very impressive. It was outstanding. Its probably a newer community, because it looked new, clean, and set up pretty nicely. The staff was excellent,... Read more
Review of Monte Vista Village
SMy mother is 95. She has lived at Monte Vista Village for 3 1/2 years. She moved to independent living there after coming to San Diego from Florida when she could no longer live on her own. Her lo... Read more