231 Assisted Living Facilities near Santa Clarita, CA
With an average cost of $3,697 in Santa Clarita, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 52 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 7 facilities in Santa Clarita.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Santa Clarita, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Santa Clarita
The city of Santa Clarita was established in the 1850s and much of the city's history can been seen by walking about town. Seniors an explore the town's history, art, parks, and pools or take a day trip to nearby San Francisco, only 45 minute away.
Assisted Living Facilities in Santa Clarita fall under the umbrella of Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE). RCFEs are held to high standards of quality put in place by the California Code of Regulations Title 22 , Division 6, Chapter 8. There are 57 facilities around Santa Clarita, with 8 located in the city and 49 in cities nearby.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Santa Clarita
- Santa Clarita is located in California, one of the sunniest states in America. This can be both a blessing and a curse, as the average temperature is usually much higher than the national average, even in December. On average, there are 280 sunny days compared to the U.S. average of 205. Summer highs in July reach 93 degrees and the January low is 43.
- Santa Clarita, like much of California, is known for having poor air quality. There is a lot of pollution due to an excess of cars and other vehicles on the roads, and this makes for occasionally hazardous conditions, especially in the summer months.
- California is a highly sought-after place to live, so its cost of living is much higher than the national average. This means that assisted living facilities can be much more expensive here than in other cities, as everything is priced higher. Santa Clarita has a cost of living index of 148.9, higher than the national cost of living index of 100. Housing is the biggest factor in the cost of living difference, which impacts the cost of assisted living facilities.
- The crime rate in Santa Clarita is better than 38 percent of American cities. The rates of both violent crimes (1 in 529) and property crimes (1 in 60). such as robberies, are much lower than California as a whole (1 in 225 and 1 in 39, respectively).
- Santa Clarita offers a wide variety of senior-friendly transportation services. One example is Dial-a-Ride, a service offered especially to seniors over the age of 60 who have disabilities or other age-related issues. There are also buses and car services geared toward seniors.
- There are many opportunities to take in arts and culture in Santa Clarita. There are museums, theaters, workshops, art classes, among other things.
Paying for Assisted Living in Santa Clarita
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Santa Clarita start around $3,722 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Santa Clarita and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Santa Clarita
Eligible seniors can apply for financial assistance for assisted living via programs like Medi-Cal (California Medicaid). Low-income individuals who prefer to live in an ALF rather than a nursing home may also receive help through the Assisted Living Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Santa Clarita
Santa Clarita and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Santa Clarita, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Santa Clarita
Santa Clarita-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Santa Clarita, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Santa Clarita
Review of Atria Santa Clarita
The tour I had of Atria Santa Clarita was great. They're very friendly, very informative, and answered all our questions. The one-bedroom units were very nice. They had large bathrooms, large walk-... Read more
Review of Oakmont of Santa Clarita
We just did a quick little tour at Oakmont of Santa Clarita. The rooms were very nice. It looks like a high-end facility. The atmosphere was very nice. Everybody you talk to (the residents) was ver... Read more
Review of Atria Santa Clarita
The director at Atria Santa Clarita was very helpful and was on top of everything. She even had a conversation with the place where my mom is staying that made us feel very comfortable. We spent th... Read more