226 Assisted Living Facilities near Santa Clarita, CA
Also serving communities of Saugus.
There are 226 Assisted Living Facilities in the Santa Clarita area, with 8 in Santa Clarita and 218 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Santa Clarita is $4,127 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Newhall with an average starting cost of $3,298.
To help you with your search, browse the 581 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Santa Clarita. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Santa Clarita 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Granada Hills with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Santa Clarita, call (855) 863-8283.
8 Assisted Living Facilities in Santa Clarita, CA
218 Assisted Living Facilities near Santa Clarita, CA
Promotion ends in 10 days!
HUGE SAVINGS!!! WAIVING $3,000 MOVE IN FEE
Other Options in Santa Clarita, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Santa Clarita
Review of Oakmont of Santa Clarita
My husband and I have recently visited assisted living facilities with the intention of finding the right place for our parents. Oakmont of Santa Clarita is by far the best. The facility itself is ... Read more
Review of Oakmont of Santa Clarita
I visited this facility in May of 2018. Mary was a consummate host and gave a thorough tour of the grounds and rooms as I'm doing my due diligence in researching a possible facility for my very mob... Read more
Review of Atria Santa Clarita
In December we looked at Atria and had the tour and were happy with the care that my aunt was going to get and the activities. But by the time we moved her in, this month, they were under new owner... Read more
Assisted Living near Los Angeles County, CA
More Options Near Santa Clarita, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Santa Clarita
The city of Santa Clarita was established in the 1850s and much of the city's history can been seen by walking about town. Seniors an explore the town's history, art, parks, and pools or take a day trip to nearby San Francisco, only 45 minute away.
Assisted Living Facilities in Santa Clarita fall under the umbrella of Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE). RCFEs are held to high standards of quality put in place by the California Code of Regulations Title 22 , Division 6, Chapter 8. There are 57 facilities around Santa Clarita, with 8 located in the city and 49 in cities nearby.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Santa Clarita
- Santa Clarita is located in California, one of the sunniest states in America. This can be both a blessing and a curse, as the average temperature is usually much higher than the national average, even in December. On average, there are 280 sunny days compared to the U.S. average of 205. Summer highs in July reach 93 degrees and the January low is 43.
- Santa Clarita, like much of California, is known for having poor air quality. There is a lot of pollution due to an excess of cars and other vehicles on the roads, and this makes for occasionally hazardous conditions, especially in the summer months.
- California is a highly sought-after place to live, so its cost of living is much higher than the national average. This means that assisted living facilities can be much more expensive here than in other cities, as everything is priced higher. Santa Clarita has a cost of living index of 148.9, higher than the national cost of living index of 100. Housing is the biggest factor in the cost of living difference, which impacts the cost of assisted living facilities.
- The crime rate in Santa Clarita is better than 38 percent of American cities. The rates of both violent crimes (1 in 529) and property crimes (1 in 60). such as robberies, are much lower than California as a whole (1 in 225 and 1 in 39, respectively).
- Santa Clarita offers a wide variety of senior-friendly transportation services. One example is Dial-a-Ride, a service offered especially to seniors over the age of 60 who have disabilities or other age-related issues. There are also buses and car services geared toward seniors.
- There are many opportunities to take in arts and culture in Santa Clarita. There are museums, theaters, workshops, art classes, among other things.
Paying for Assisted Living in Santa Clarita
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Santa Clarita start around $4,127 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Santa Clarita and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Santa Clarita
Eligible seniors can apply for financial assistance for assisted living via programs like Medi-Cal (California Medicaid). Low-income individuals who prefer to live in an ALF rather than a nursing home may also receive help through the Assisted Living Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Santa Clarita
Santa Clarita and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Santa Clarita, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Santa Clarita
Santa Clarita-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.