22 Assisted Living Facilities near Valencia, CA
Also serving communities of Stevenson Ranch.
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Valencia area, with 7 in Valencia and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Valencia is $3,167 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Saugus with an average starting cost of $2,600.
To help you with your search, browse the 115 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Valencia. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Valencia 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Santa Clarita with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Valencia, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Valencia, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Valencia
Valencia is a resort-style neighborhood located within the town of Santa Clarita just 30 minutes from the metropolis of Los Angeles. Seniors have many amenities and entertainment options in Valencia as well as seven Assisted Living Facilities right nearby and 15 in the surrounding areas. Assisted Living Facilities within the state of California provide supervision and various levels of personal care. These facilities, referred to as Residential Care Facilities in California, are licensed by The Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division. RCFs are voluntary housing arrangements and must have 75 percent of residents age 60 or older.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Valencia
- Valencia has an ideal climate for seniors with limited mobility, with summer highs averaging at 93 degrees in July and winter lows averaging at 43 degrees in January. Seniors don’t have to be concerned about winter travel, as the winters are warm and there is no annual snowfall.
- Seniors can feel very safe here in Valencia due to the low crime rates compared to the national averages. Valencia has a violent crime rate of 14.5 out of 100 (1 being the safest) which is quite low compared to the national average of 31.1. The property crime is also low at 23.4 compared to the national average of 38.1.
- The Valencia area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors on a budget may find it hard to maintain their savings in Valencia, due to the cost of living being 48.9 percent higher than the national average.
- Seniors seeking entertainment can visit the nearby Universal Studios Hollywood where they can take tours, go shopping and experience fine dining.
- Seniors have access to Santa Clarita Transit which has local and nearby city transit to many amenities and shopping and has reduced fares for seniors over 60.
Paying for Assisted Living in Valencia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Valencia start around $3,167 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Valencia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Valencia
Elderly Californians with limited income may be eligible to receive financial assistance to cover the costs of assisted living through Medi-Cal, the statewide Medicaid program. Those who qualify may be eligible for the state’s Assisted Living Waiver Program. No non-state programs are available for care outside of the home.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Valencia
Valencia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Valencia, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Valencia
Valencia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Valencia
Review of Sunrise at Sterling Canyon
I saw Sunrise at Sterling Canyon. I like it, but it's high end. I need something less expensive. I was very impressed. It's a nice facility. I would like to put my husband in Sunrise because the ha... Read more
Review of Aloras Home Care
The clients at Alora's Home Care seemed happy and contented. It was super hot outside so they were watching TV and there were a couple of caregivers there. They were just finishing up lunch as I re... Read more
Review of Sunrise at Sterling Canyon
I really liked Sunrise at Sterling Canyon, and my dad is currently there with respite care. I think everything is going well so far, there was an issue with medications, and that was disappointing,... Read more