50 Assisted Living Facilities near West Sacramento, CA
There are 50 Assisted Living Facilities in the West Sacramento area, with 3 in West Sacramento and 47 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in West Sacramento is $3,400 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Sacramento with an average starting cost of $3,245.
To help you with your search, browse the 157 reviews below for assisted living facilities in West Sacramento. On average, consumers rate assisted living in West Sacramento 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sacramento with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in West Sacramento, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in West Sacramento, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in West Sacramento
West Sacramento is a vibrant riverfront community that's home to approximately 53,000 people with a senior demographic of around 11 percent. Seniors living in West Sacramento who need access to assisted living facilities for support with the activities of daily living such as personal care and meal preparation will find three assisted living communities in West Sacramento and 46 more in nearby communities, all regulated and licensed by the California Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in West Sacramento
- West Sacramento is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The West Sacramento area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the West Sacramento Urgent Care Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- West Sacramento has an array of community resources for seniors, including the City of West Sacramento Community Center, an organization that gives local seniors a number of active living and leisure classes.
- West Sacramento only gets 22 inches of annual rainfall, more than 10 inches less than the national average of 39 inches. With a yearly average of 260 sunny days a year, compared to the national average of 205 sunny days, West Sacramento may provide an ideal location for seniors looking for good weather.
- The American Lung Association has ranked West Sacramento a score of five for high ozone days out of a total of 228 metropolitan areas included in its study. This could pose a risk to seniors who are living with respiratory conditions as the poor quality of air could exacerbate their illness.
- Living in West Sacramento can cost up to 30 percent more than the national average. However, with healthcare being around ten percent less expensive than the U.S. average, this area could still present an appealing option depending on individual circumstances.
Paying for Assisted Living in West Sacramento
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in West Sacramento start around $3,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in West Sacramento and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in West Sacramento
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in West Sacramento
West Sacramento and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in West Sacramento, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in West Sacramento
West Sacramento-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near West Sacramento, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in West Sacramento
Review of Grand River Villa
My mom's at Grand River Care Center-West and she's pretty happy where she is at. I've gotten to know the staff and the manager there. She has fallen a couple of times and they have dealt with it qu... Read more