32 Assisted Living Facilities near Salida, CA
Also serving communities of Ripon.
There are 32 Assisted Living Facilities in the Salida area, with 3 in Salida and 29 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Salida is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,650.
To help you with your search, browse the 77 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Salida. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Salida 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Modesto with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Salida, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Salida, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Salida
Salida is a small farm community in California's Central Valley, roughly halfway between the slightly larger communities of Manteca and Modesto. Almost 14,000 people live in Salida, just 8 percent of them seniors age 65 and over, and the region inside and around Salida's city limits is served by 29 assisted living facilities.
In Salida, as in the rest of the state, assisted living communities are required to maintain current certification through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Salida
- Salida's weather can be hot and humid in summer, as water vapor rises off of the large farm tracts that surround the town. Summertime highs here average 94 degrees. In winter, when the uncultivated areas tend to turn green, lows average 40 degrees and 13 inches of rain fall in the area. The heightened pollen count during these times can be an issue for some seniors with asthma.
- The cost of living in Salida is roughly 29 percent higher than the average cost across all categories nationwide. This is significantly lower than California's overall cost, which is 69 percent above the national level. Healthcare in Salida is 5 percent less expensive than the national median.
- Salida's crime rate is high in all categories. Thefts are very common in the southeastern parts of town, close to the core of Modesto, while violent crimes still happen in the outlying farm districts on the outskirts of Salida. Overall, the local crime rate is roughly double the national average.
- Salida's public transportation is in the hands of Modesto Area Express (MAX), which operates multiple routes around the north side of town. Seniors and riders with disabilities qualify for a discount on MAX buses with valid transit ID.
- The Salida area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Kaiser Permanente Modesto Medical Center and Doctors Hospital of Manteca, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Salida has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Multipurpose Senior Services Program, an organization that helps connect seniors with medical devices and transportation services, whether they live alone or in an assisted living facility, as well as three senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Salida
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Salida start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Salida and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Salida
Seniors in Salida may be eligible for help with the costs associated with assisted living through the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver. This waiver program usually has a waiting list, but seniors in assisted living take priority for enrollment.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Salida
Salida and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Salida, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Salida
Salida-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Salida
Review of Hospitality House
I didn't get to see too much of Hospitality House because it wasn't gonna be a fit for my dad. I already knew just from walking in. It just had a different vibe to it. Everybody was great and the p... Read more
Review of Hospitality House
My mother-in-law is in Hospitality House in Salida. She's been there for about 18 months now and she's in their assisted living. The Community is big and the overall experience was positive given ... Read more
Review of Hospitality House
My dad is at Hospitality House. He is in the back of memory care, but he doesn't need to be back there. He is there for assisted living. There is a back portion and front portion. The only reason h... Read more