49 Assisted Living Facilities near Manteca, CA
Also serving communities of Lathrop.
There are 49 Assisted Living Facilities in the Manteca area, with 5 in Manteca and 44 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Manteca is $2,516 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 170 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Manteca. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Manteca 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Stockton with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 12 families in Manteca find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Manteca, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Manteca, CA
44 Assisted Living Facilities near Manteca, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Manteca
Located in San Joaquin County, the small port city of Manteca depends on it's transportation, distribution and agriculture industries to drive its economy. Seniors make up just over 11 percent of the population and have the opportunity to socialize at the local senior center when not at home in one of Manteca's five residential care facilities. These facilities provide 24 hour supervision and care and are regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD) and the Continuing Care Contracts Branch.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Manteca
- Seniors with a respiratory illness may be adversely affected in San Joaquin County. The American Lung Association has given this area an air quality rating of F due to pollution.
- The Manteca area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Joseph's Medical Center and Doctors Hospital of Manteca, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Manteca has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Manteca Senior Center, an organization that creates opportunities for seniors to socialize over billiards or bingo as well as the nearby town of Stockton's Over 50 And Fabulous program.
- Since the cost of living in California is 52.30 percent higher than the national average, seniors on a budget may choose Manteca as a more affordable option. The average cost of living in this city is 29 percent higher than the U. S. average.
- While property crime Manteca at 43.1 is five points higher than the national average, this area enjoys a lower violent crime rate of 28.2, compared to the U. S. average of 31.1.
- Seniors who love warm weather can soak up 262 days of sun a year and summer highs of 93 degrees. There is no snow in Manteca, and the average winter low is 39 degrees, so seniors can stay active and enjoy the outdoors throughout the year.
Paying for Assisted Living in Manteca
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Manteca start around $2,516 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Manteca and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Manteca
Medi-Cal, California's Medicaid plan, is available to eligible seniors for assisted living costs. Four waiver programs known as Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) are also available for qualified individuals needing additional assistance. There is no private funding sources at this time.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Manteca
Manteca and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Manteca, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Manteca
Manteca-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Manteca, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Manteca
Review of Manteca Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir
We went to Manteca Retirement Community, and they were upgrading the rooms and the main area at the time. They would redo the rooms when someone move out. The hallways seemed dark and dingy looking... Read more
Review of Prestige Senior Living at Manteca
Prestige Senior Living at Manteca was a nice community and a little more expensive than the other places we saw. The person that we spoke with was very thorough and very nice. It was a good community. Read more
Review of The Commons at Union Ranch
The Commons at Union Ranch was very nice, and the person that took us around was really good. They have the usual amenities like the dining hall and exercise room. It was a newer community, so it w... Read more