42 Assisted Living Facilities near Escalon, CA
There are 42 Assisted Living Facilities in the Escalon area, with 2 in Escalon and 40 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 129 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Escalon. Better rated regions include Salida with an average rating of 3.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Escalon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Escalon, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Escalon
The name Escalon comes from Spanish for 'step,' and the city sees itself as the stepping stone to Central California. Seniors who choose to step into the city for their retirement can find accommodations in one of the two assisted living facilities, called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, in Escalon or in one of the 54 facilities in nearby communities, including Modesto, Oakdale and Salida. The licensing and monitoring of Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly is managed by the Department of Social Services, Senior Care Licensing Program.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Escalon
- Escalon has a door-to-door, dial-a-ride service called eTrans. Eligible seniors can receive a discount of up to 50 percent on their fares.
- The Escalon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Oak Valley Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Escalon has a great climate for outdoor living, with 261 sunny days every year. In July, the temperature averages 96 degrees, and in January, they drop to 39 degrees. In general, the city doesn't get any snow, and only receives 14 inches of rain each year.
- The cost of living in Escalon is around 38 percent higher than the national average, however, this is mainly due to the very high cost of housing. Seniors will find day-to-day costs more reasonable, with groceries around four percent higher than the national average and the cost of health care four percent lower.
- San Joaquin County, which includes Escalon, has poor air quality. The city has received a fail grade from the American Lung Association on three different air quality categories. This can have a detrimental effect on the health of seniors with respiratory conditions.
- Escalon has a high crime rate, with 72 percent of U.S. towns and cities rated safer. However, it is around average for a Californian city. The violent crime rate of 4.52 per 1,000 residents is on par with the California average, and the property crime rate of 18.88 is lower than the state average of 25.53.
Paying for Assisted Living in Escalon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Escalon start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Escalon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Escalon
Seniors in Escalon who live in residential care facilities may be eligible for financial assistance through California's Assisted Living Waiver (ALW). Funding can also be found through the Optional State Supplement (OSS) for seniors who receive a Social Security benefit.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Escalon
Escalon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Escalon, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Escalon
Escalon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.