Cogir of Manteca Senior Living

Reviews of Cogir of Manteca Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Cogir of Manteca Senior Living

June 23, 2018

By Aleta

Brookdale Manteca was nice, beautiful, and clean, but it was just a little bit more than what my brother could afford. The rooms were beautiful. Everything was good and the staff was very friendly. They all said hi. They also had different activities like card games, exercising, and yoga classes. The people who lived there seemed very happy.

May 22, 2018

By Christine

Our experience with Brookdale Manteca has been very good. Mom seems to like it. The staff is very helpful. She's very happy about the food. They have different activities all the time, which she goes to, like crocheting class, exercising, and art class. It's very clean and seems to be well staffed. She's very excited when she tells me about the activities.

April 30, 2018

By Darlene

Brookdale Manteca was very welcoming. I have gotten two or three follow-ups to see if we need anything, which I was very impressed with. Even though my friend and I are not moving into that community, they were willing to go the extra mile. I was very impressed with them. The place was a little bit older, but very well kept up. The rooms were beautiful. You could tell that housekeeping was on top of it. There was no odor when I walked in. The rooms were a good size even for a couple coming in. They had activities going on when I was there. There were people playing cards. I talked to a couple of the residents and they seemed very happy there. If my friend decided to move in somewhere, my recommendation would be Brookdale Manteca.

November 12, 2017

By CF

The residents at Brookdale Manteca seemed happy, but it was a darker, older facility. The rooms were larger, but there were two people to one room sharing a bathroom. It could use some sprucing up. I considered it because initially I thought it was going to be less expensive, but overall it was more expensive than the other facilities in the long run. The other facilities have levels 1 to 3 or 1 to 5 of care, so you can gauge your pricing. Whereas here, it didn't have an end. They were already higher just for the initial care than the other facilities I was looking at, and they kept adding to the cost. The staff was very friendly and seemed to know what they were doing. However, I had their nurse come to the home to evaluate Fred, and then two days later, they actually came and knocked on my door and dropped off paperwork when I wasn't there. I didn't ask them to come over, so that was a huge negative. I felt that was very unprofessional on their part to do that. If I had wanted to get the paperwork, I would've called them or I would've stopped back in. Their sales pitch was too pushy, but they give good care there.

May 06, 2017

By Bob864106

My mom moved in to Brookdale, she had friends that lived there, and it's close to her house. That's the one she wanted. Her room is nice, she shares it with someone, and she goes to church and bible study. I had lunch there, and the food wasn't bad; it was OK. The staff was good. She's happy there so far.

October 20, 2016

By Sandra617301

I do homecare, and I'm taking care of some clients in assisted living care in Brookdale Manteca. The people seem happy there, and the meals didn't seem too bad. They have girls there that will take the client to the dining room and assist with bathing or dressing and things like that. The grounds are very pleasant, and they're taking them to Jackson and to different places; I thought that was pretty great. They have surprise trips on Sundays. I think it's a nice place to put your family member.

February 29, 2016

By Jan120284650

I chose Brookdale for the cost, the friendliness, and the excellent food. The rooms are nice and spacious. The helpers are very friendly. They have crafts.

February 15, 2016

By Andrew30

The staff at Brookdale Manteca was very good, approachable, and friendly. She treated us very well during our visit. The facility was good. It looks like it was well-run. It is in a good location. The only issue we have with this facility is the cost. There is a McDonald’s nearby. I did not see anything that would discourage me to put my mom in there. The facility is clean. I would not give it a perfect rating only because their memory care unit is not that big.

December 29, 2015

By Helen Ortiz

We chose this Facility Brookdale Manteca because when we took the tour the employees were very welcoming. We felt at home, and most of all our Parents felt at home, they didn't feel as if they were going into an institution. Once we settled Mom/Dad we got to know more of the staff and the different activities they had which was amazing. The dining area was awesome! everyone in the kitchen we knew by name after a week! They were all so ever friendly and kind. The young caregivers were so kind they had the perfect staff I have never seen such young adults be so kind to the elderly. This place was the perfect place for Mom/Dad it's their home away from home, and it was so close to us we visited and had dinner with them almost every day! Keep up the good work Brookdale Manteca ... I would recommend this place to everyone!

December 17, 2015

By Joan117949650

My mother was at Brookdale Manteca. Our experience with them was not very good. It went under three owners while she was there, so they had a lot of change in staffing. It had way too many turnovers, so I wasn’t too pleased with them. They had activities. They had movie nights, piano players, singers, and exercise classes. However, they need to learn who their residents are and how to contact family members in a timely manner when there’s a problem. Everything that happened, I was never notified about.

We are sorry to hear Brookdale Manteca did not meet your expectations. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their families. We will share your feedback with our management team to help better serve our residents and their families in the future.

December 16, 2015

By Tim39

My mother-in-law moved into Brookdale Manteca (formerly Emeritus at Manteca). Everyone was very friendly and helpful. She has Parkinson's, and she is starting to have dementia problems, so they determined that she couldn't go into the assisted living. She went up to the memory care. They were very helpful with all the paperwork and processing everything. They were very cooperative. The facility seemed to be nice, clean, and well run. There was never an issue with them. We had one meal there. The food was fine, and my in-laws also liked the food. She has been there a little over a month. It's very well kept up, but it definitely was an older layout.

October 28, 2015

Our initial experience at Brookdale Manteca wasn’t extremely well, but they were without a manager in the memory care facility for the first four weeks that she was there. We had a few hiccups that arose but as soon as the manager came in, things have been 100% better. She is on the top of the staff and addressing issues immediately with resolution. Things right now are going extremely well. I like that their memory care unit is kind of a smaller size residents versus some of the larger and newer community. They have 16 residents in their memory care unit versus 26 to 35. They have a lot better ratio of residents to a caregiver and that was the primary thing that we were looking for, to make sure that she was getting attention that she needed. But one thing they can improve on would be better communication between the administrative staff and the caregivers.

July 20, 2015

The staff was good at Brookdale Manteca (Emeritus at Manteca), but the place was kind of dreary and dark, and they were more expensive. I was not impressed. It looked old and run-down.

April 07, 2015

The staff was very friendly at the Emeritus at Manteca, and that was why we chose it. It was clean. It met our needs, and it was affordable. They had activities like bingo, and they did have some therapy that they do with the residents.

September 29, 2014

Emeritus at Manteca was a bigger place and there were more people there. It was very nice. Their dining room was the same as the other one. They had a good menu with good choices, and if you want something different, they will cook it for you too. They had the same activities as the other one. What I like best about this one was the location and their staff.

May 30, 2014

By Stefanie1

My dad moved into Emeritus at Manteca. We chose it because we like the facility and we like the staff. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My dad ended up in a small studio, which is not what we were looking for originally, but there were some complications before he moved in. They do have bigger rooms, but my father has Parkinson's and eventually he is going to end up in the memory care ward. One of the reasons also that we chose for him to stay there is because he will be able to stay there as his disease progresses. He won't have to move to a different facility. They have a lot of available activities. They have a calendar of events, and they have several things going on every day. They have exercise classes, bingo several times a week, they have trips to the casino, malls, and local stores. They have entrainment come. They have monthly birthday parties for whoever has a birthday that month; they celebrate it once a month. However, my dad doesn't participate much in the activities. He stays in his room a lot. They do encourage him to go out as much as possible. He really hasn't yet taken advantage of activities. They have very good food in the dining room. They have lots of it, and a variety with multiple well-balanced meal choices. They have three entrée choices for lunch and dinner every day. Every day they have a soup and salad bar available. Plus, they have a regular menu that is available every day, if you don't like the choices.

May 20, 2014

By Phil11

We located Emeritus, and my dad has not moved in as of yet. We still have a few things to sort out financially, and the type of room wasn't available at that time, so we're on a wait list. It was about 20 minutes from where I lived. All the staff is friendly and very helpful. That left me with impression enough to bring my father back, along with the rest of my family. They explained everything thoroughly and toured the whole facility. All in all, it was a good experience. There were three floor plans that we looked at. One in particular that was I looking at for my father was the larger studio. It was a nice floor plan with kitchen and bathroom. They did give some monthly calendar of activities, which I found is good to keep them busy. That was another reason that I found the place favorable. Another reason I like it is that they had the dining room that Dad could go down to whenever he needed. He didn't have to cook for himself because he is unable to do so. The grounds that I was walking in were very clean. It didn’t look like a modern facility. It was nice, upkept, and clean. I was impressed.

May 10, 2014

We went to Emeritus at Manteca, and the staff are very good. I think they might be a little understaffed from what I saw looking around, but they said they don’t think they are. The people are nice there, and this facility would probably be our first choice because of the affordability. It's between maybe $200-$400 a month less than some others. The rooms were OK. I think they have exercise and maybe some arts and crafts time. They have a garden area, and that is really huge and very nice with a waterfall and fishes. I would recommend this facility.

January 23, 2014

By caring77625050

Emeritus at Manteca was a nice facility. It was clean and inviting. I liked it. The tour guide was very helpful and very pleasant, had a lot of information, and the tour was nice. We got to see the whole place. It seemed like a comfortable place.

March 21, 2013

Merrill Gardens was close, clean, relatively nice, and they gave me a price that I can work with. The rooms and the staff were very nice. The food was decent and my grandfather didn't mind because he doesn't have a very particular taste. He moved in there, but he's back in his own place now because he doesn't want to be in such a facility.

Independent Living Reviews for Cogir of Manteca Senior Living

June 16, 2020

By Manuel Cortez

I think you guys are doing an outstanding job. You are keeping us motivated, well-informed, and entertained.

June 16, 2020

By Betty Radcliffe

The staff does their best to take care of us and so far they have. I am very very lucky.

June 18, 2019

By Don

Manteca Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir was great. The people were very nice and pleasant, and it had a nice and warm atmosphere. The lady during the tour was very professional and very nice. The one-bedroom and studio apartments were very nice and clean. They have all kinds of activities going on, and the meal we had was nice. They have a library, a game room, a TV room, and a comedy night once a month. The staff was professional, nice, and caring.

August 30, 2018

By Dawn

I visited Brookdale, and it was great. They were very friendly, very accommodating, and I enjoyed it. I was very impressed. I liked their concept, there were no specific times to eat, and they have menu choices. It was very clean and very nice.

August 29, 2018

By Ralph

Brookdale Manteca has both independent and assisted living. It's very nice and good, with nice people. We looked at five places and out of the five, this is the one I would pick. The rooms are very nice. The dining area was very attractive and looked nice. They have daily activities and they have tours. I liked Kim, the lady who showed us around. She was pleasant, professional, and nice.

February 14, 2018

By S49

Brookdale Manteca was way too small as far as the apartments were concerned. The staff was wonderful. You couldn't ask for nicer staff. The food was very good and the servers were very nice. Overall, I was very impressed with the staff and the cleaning. The place was very well-kept. I was surprised that the residents have full kitchens even though they get three meals a day. They have a full refrigerator and a small electric stove with four burners and an oven. The price was right.

March 08, 2017

By Anne417537

I visited Brookdale Manteca and saw the reception, grounds, dining room, recreation area, and what they had available. Everything was excellent. The only negative for me was the distance from home and work. I was too far, and I don't think that would work for me.

January 06, 2017

By Leslie134384

Brookdale is very clean, very friendly when you come in, and has nice apartments. Mother is really happy there. The food and the price are good. She likes the girl who comes and clean once a week, and they have a good response time when she accidentally presses her call button.

August 22, 2016

By Brian018056

I have lived in Brookdale Manteca for 16 months. My experience is pretty good. The food is up and down; sometimes its good and sometimes its average. Very few activities are available. I like the apartment. The majority of the employees are very helpful. The thing that stands out the most are the residents since the majority of them are good people.

July 01, 2016

By Ricki377772

The lady that I was trying to help moved to Brookdale in Manteca. I’m not sure what happened but somehow she ended up on the second floor and people on the second floor don’t get assisted. It's independent living on the second floor. I know she doesn’t need help taking showers, but she has been having issues, so she has to hire a couple of other companies to go and help her on the second floor. The facility seems old and a little bit outdated, but it is clean, nice, and smells good compared to a lot of places. It is really beautiful. The residents are all wonderful and very helpful, but the staff is not very organized. They have plenty of activities and plenty of things to do. They take them places. For someone who is social, it is a wonderful place because they get to know each other really easily, and there is always groups of people talking and stuff, but the lady that I’ve been dealing with isn’t involved in any of that. Overall, I have to rate it at a 3 and that’s just because it seems to take them so long to get any information.

March 21, 2016

By Cruz1

I went to Brookdale Manteca. It was very nice and upbeat, but they want people who were able to walk around. At the time when I brought my husband’s sister to the facility, she wasn’t able to walk around. Also, she doesn’t speak English well, which is why I had to put her somewhere with bilingual staff. I did like the facility. The staff was very nice.

February 22, 2015

By Lynn41

I will be moving mom to where she was before and that is Emeritus at Manteca. Basically I was just hoping it was as good as it was before. The room that she is going to live in is completely remodeled with new carpets, so it’s going to be really nice for her. It was a very nice place, and every time I went in there I felt like its very welcoming and inviting; that is also the only reason I put her back there. It’s very homey and clean, and the people were very friendly when I walked in. The staff seems to be well-informed.

February 11, 2015

Emeritus at Manteca is very new and clean. The space is good. It had a good feeling about it, but the price was a bit high. The staff was very professional, but not very welcoming. They did discuss with us what they have as activities there. The surroundings are a little bit remote. It will be difficult for a senior with a car to get to any populated area or mall easily. Because it was so new, it was so pleasing. The size is good, although it is a little bit expensive.

November 19, 2014

I find Emeritus to be very satisfying. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It impresses me that they are very professional. The dining room is very nice.

August 30, 2014

My daughter chose Emeritus at Manteca for me. The staff was very nice. The food is not that good, but the new owner has said that they are going to bring in some dieticians, so I am giving them a chance to see how it will improve. Their activities are very few. I play their 2-dollar bingo and that's about it.

July 31, 2014

By LovelyLady000090

The people were really very nice at Emeritus but the place was not as well organized because I guess of some personnel changes going on. The rooms were nice but the bathrooms were dirty. They had restaurant sittings for longer periods of time. I wouldn’t feel bad putting my mother there.

July 29, 2013

By David32

Merrill Gardens is close to my house. The apartment my mother got is a nice 1-bedroom with full kitchen and a living room. Her room walks out into a courtyard with lots of trees and shrubs. The meals are up to her standards. People are friendly, courteous, and professional. Everything works there, so it's just a good fit.

Memory Care Reviews for Cogir of Manteca Senior Living

Questions about Cogir of Manteca Senior Living

What programs or activities does Cogir of Manteca Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We love to enrich the lives of our residents by hosting a plethora of actives and social events : We have a poetry club, gardening club, happy hour with live entertainment, 3 different kinds of bingo and much more .

What places are near Cogir of Manteca Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have shopping centers, both Kaiser and Drs Hospital is only minutes away, there is fast food, restaurants and fun places to go when your family and grand children come to visit

What transportation services does Cogir of Manteca Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We have our own transportation for all our residents. We have outings every Tuesday to the movies, casinos, restaurants and more. Drs apartments through out the week as well as shopping. We go to Cost co, Walmart, Ross, Rite Aid the list goes on. Sundays we provide rides to church.Any where you need to go in Manteca we will get you there.

What makes the chef or dining program at Cogir of Manteca Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

All-day dining hours Dining hall with table service Private dining rooms Salad bar Chef-prepared, Nutritionist-approved menu

What safety features or security measures does Cogir of Manteca Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We have staff on hand 24 hours a day. We have a night time attendant. We have security cameras in place along with the fact that we are only minuets way from the Manteca Police Department

Costs for Cogir of Manteca Senior Living

• Pets: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Cogir of Manteca Senior Living

Manteca Retirement Community is wonderfully located and only a short ride to San Francisco, Yosemite National Park, Wine Country, and the historic Gold Country. Residents and their families appreciate our Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care options for the impeccable attention to care and comfort provided to all residents. Regardless of lifestyle, residents enjoy our premium amenities, professional care services, and well-curated activities and outings. As with all Happy Living by COGIR communities, delicious high-quality meals are served throughout the day and attentive staff is ready with a smile for any need. It is worth noting that Manteca Retirement Community is especially loved for the warmth of its residents and staff, and for its incredible location. The Delta waterways provide over a thousand miles of rivers and streams for boating or fishing, and the Orchard Valley Promenade Shops are just minutes away, with over 700,000 square feet for shopping, dining, and entertainment.

Lifestyle:

• Independent Living
  • Assisted Living
  • Memory Care

Care and assistance:

• Transportation to medical appointments
  • Services tailored to changing needs
  • Mobility assistance
  • Dressing assistance

Accommodations and services:

• One or Two bedroom apartments
  • Private and semi-private apartments for Memory Care
  • Heating, hot water and electricity included
  • Telephone, cable and internet available
  • Housekeeping and laundry

• Complete WIFI coverage in common areas
  • Pet Friendly

Food services:

• All-day dining hours
  • Dining hall with table service
  • Private dining rooms
  • Salad bar
  • Chef-prepared, Nutritionist-approved menu

Activities and leisure:

• Variety of scheduled daily acitivites and outings
  • Bus/van transportation
  • Plenty of puzzles and board games
  • Special events in the community
  • Music and film evenings
  • Fitness classes
  • Teaching and learning

Safe environment:

• 24-hour security
  • Nurses on-site
  • Emergency response throughout property
  • Fence and surveillance around property

Close to Promenade Shops at Orchard Valley and plenty of dining and entertainment. Nearby medical centers and clinics and short drive to Yosemite National Park & Wine Country.

Map of Cogir of Manteca Senior Living