Truewood By Merrill, Modesto

Reviews of Truewood By Merrill, Modesto

Independent Living Reviews for Truewood By Merrill, Modesto

December 03, 2016

By K803563

I'm pleased with it, but it's an hour and a half away without traffic. It's comfortable. My father-in-law has his own room, and now that he's settled in and getting more used to it, he's happy to be there. They have a lovely dining room, and the food is OK, though not the greatest. They have three meals a day and plenty of little snacks that he can take along. He has a refrigerator, microwave, and sink. If he needs to go to the doctor, he needs to sign up on certain days, and he can't always get those days with the doctor.

October 20, 2016

By Gene728708

It was very nice, and the dining room was very nice. I saw their activity room, the dining room, the rooms, and the regular open area. The staff was very friendly, and I'd say the residents were happy.

August 16, 2016

By Richard710427

It was nice. We looked around, and they showed us a two-bedroom cottage. The staff was very friendly, and everybody was acting very nicely. The food was very good. The dining area was spacious, and it seemed like everybody was enjoying themselves. It didn’t look drab or anything like that. We were there for a couple of hours talking and getting to know what was there. We were invited back at any time when they have different activities going on. She gave me a calendar showing some of the activities and mentioned if we care to come, which I think was a positive thing because you can walk in and see what was going on and get a feel of how the different people were interacting. One of the things I remember was when dining was over, we had to go to the second floor, so we had to take an elevator, but everybody was sitting there talking, and it seemed like that most people knew each other and chatting while waiting for the elevator. There was a lot of courtesy between residents and staff.

February 15, 2016

By Bonnie119503850

It was very nice. I saw different sizes of the rooms, and they were all very nice. The gentleman who took me on a tour gave me a calendar of activities. Once a week, they would go out to lunch on different restaurants. They have bingo nights. They have church services.

December 16, 2015

By Patricia117774550

It is absolutely wonderful. The staff is lovely. They invited me to have lunch, and I saw an entertainment in the afternoon. It was absolutely lovely. If I have to go someplace, I would love to go there. I could not see anything that I didn’t like about it.

September 07, 2015

By Cassandra2

I like that my mother-in-law can still have activities and do things on her own there. The facilities are beautiful. The grounds are really nice. My mother-in-law's apartment is a modern one-bedroom apartment. It has a really great size living room. Her shower is set up for easy access because it is hard for her to get in and out of shower. Dining is actually very good. My husband and I have had a few meals there, and the food is very good. My mother-in-law is on a strict diet, and they have a lot of options for her there everyday. We're pretty happy with everything. Everything is great.

August 21, 2015

It was very nicely furnished. We had lunch there, and we were not thrilled with the food. The building and the people were very nice.

March 28, 2014

By Alice21

It is a wonderful place. They are very caring toward the residents. They have wonderful activities. It is a very well-rounded program. Once a week, they have a big event, which is unusual. They have a lot of outings where they go to casinos. They also have speakers come in. The community was excellent. I would definitely recommend them to others.

October 09, 2013

By Jose2

I enjoyed my visit. The director was very helpful in giving me information about the facility. The staff was very friendly. The food was very nice. The grounds were very beautiful. The atmosphere was very nice. The activity director explained to me the different tours that were going on and a number of activities that they had in the facility.

Costs for Truewood By Merrill, Modesto

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Truewood By Merrill, Modesto

Truewood by Merrill is a senior living option for families weighing the important senior living decision who have always chosen a practical lifestyle they can control. We are the attainable, resident and family-centered communities that believe seniors shouldn’t have to compromise comfort and security for affordability.

Yard work? Leave it to us. Household chores? We’ve got you covered. This is your time – and there’s a world of interesting things waiting for you just around the corner. Whatever you’re looking for, chances are we've got it – fitness classes, book clubs, discussion groups, happy hours – it’s all happening right here. It's an all-inclusive lifestyle, let us work for you.

Our rich history dictates our future - as a family company with roots that extend back to the 1890s, family means everything to us.

Come visit us today and learn more about the Truewood family and see for yourself the lifestyle our residents get to enjoy every day.

Map of Truewood By Merrill, Modesto