19 Assisted Living Facilities near Tracy, CA
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Tracy area, with 4 in Tracy and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Tracy is $3,695 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Manteca with an average starting cost of $2,898.
To help you with your search, browse the 101 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tracy. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tracy 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Manteca with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tracy, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Tracy, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tracy
The city of Tracy has a motto "Think Inside the Triangle," referring to its geographic location inside a triangle formed by three Interstate Highways: 205, 5 and 580. A multicultural city with over 8 percent of residents ages 65 and over, Tracy has four residential care facilities from which seniors with care needs can choose and 41 nearby in Salida, Stockton, Livermore and the surrounding area. Assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Tracy are regulated by the California Department of Public Health. These facilities offer housing, housekeeping, meals and personal care assistance to seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tracy
- The Tracy, California, area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Sutter Tracy Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Tracy, California has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Ministry of Caring with the St. Bernard Catholic Church that provides special services and assistance to seniors, as well as the Lolly Hansen Senior Center.
- The cost of living in Tracy is higher than that of other comparable cities in the United States. It is also higher than the majority of cities within the state of California. This can be a challenge for seniors who try to live within a specific budget.
- Tracy has four distinctive seasons with cold winters with the average low around 39 and hot summers with the daily high around 93 degrees. The area also has a significantly lower amount of rainfall with only 10 inches of rain per year.
- On a scale from one to 100 with one being the lowest. Tracy is ranked 14.4 on violent crime and 37.6 for property crime, which is both lower than the United States average.
- For transportation in and around the city, the TRACER bus service offers discounted fares to seniors and those with disabilities. Fixed routes are available Monday through Saturday. The Lolly Hansen Senior Center also provides transportation to and from scheduled events and sightseeing tours that are coordinated by the organization.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tracy
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Tracy start around $3,695 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tracy and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tracy
Seniors who require financial assistance with an ALF can seek eligibility through the California Medicaid program. Low-income individuals who prefer to live in an ALF rather than a nursing home may also receive help through the Assisted Living Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tracy
Tracy and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tracy, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tracy
Tracy-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Tracy, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tracy
Review of Brookdale Tracy
I looked at the independent living at Brookdale Tracy, and I looked at a companion apartment. They had giant living rooms, with a full kitchen, full burner stove, full refrigerator, and a sink with... Read more
Review of Brookdale Tracy
My mom has been living at Brookdale Tracy assisted living for a few months. The place is nice and clean. It's well-run with good people. They're on top of everything and well-organized. They also e... Read more
Review of Grace Manor Tracy
I went to Grace Manor Tracy. The guy was nice on the phone. However, the walls were dirty, the carpet was filthy, and they don't help dispense certain types of medication. My sister is a diabetic, ... Read more