Stratford at Beyer Park

Reviews of Stratford at Beyer Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Stratford at Beyer Park

June 10, 2016

By Susan700521

The Stratford at Beyer was really nice, but my mother-in-law didn’t like that the only room they had available was a small studio, and she couldn’t handle moving from a condo into one room, and not having her furniture, so she said it was too stuffy. She didn’t like the big overstuffed furniture. The people there were very nice, and we had a couple of tours, but she didn’t end up there, though they were very nice and welcoming, and the residents looked happy. My husband and I thought the facilities were nice, but it just didn’t appeal to her. It was the first one that we saw and I think at that time she still was mentally fighting assisted living. The dining area wasn’t too light and open, but it was very nicely laid out, though a little on the darker side because of where it was located in the building. We thought she would be very happy there, and we were quite comfortable with her going there. They didn’t have a gym or a pool, but they do have a beauty shop. They also have a snack bar and their grounds were very pretty. The facility doesn’t seem big, and it’s not on much land, but it looks out across the park. Their marketing person gave a really nice tour for my husband. I had talked to her over the phone, then my husband went to see the place separately from his mother and was extremely impressed.

May 10, 2016

By EmilyTNOGI

My mom is in Stratford at Beyer Park. I have nothing but good things to say about the place. It is the best place in Modesto. They have activities all throughout the day and go on day trips and do crafts. It’s really nice. They have their own restaurant that gets excellent reviews. The food is excellent made fresh in their kitchen daily. They replaced the old carpets, and even those didn’t look bad, and keep it up well. The people there are very caring and responsible.

December 16, 2015

By Patricia117774550

The Stratford At Beyer Park Senior Living was very lovely. The people are very nice. The facility was all beautiful, all up to date, nice, neat, and modern. The day I visited, they had a musical group singing in the lobby, and we all gathered to listen. They have puzzles too. We had lunch there, and the food was great. They kept offering more and more. They have plenty of food, so there’s no reason to go hungry. I had salad and dessert and a Mexican dish. They had varieties of sandwiches and chicken, pies, cakes, pudding, all kinds of things to choose from.

October 29, 2015

By Posey

We chose The Stratford because of the location and the appearance of the facility. It is modern and really comfortable. It is kind of classy looking, and it did not smell. My mother has been there since the end of July. I will recommend it, but I will say that it is very expensive. The care seems very good, and the most important part is that my mother likes it there.

June 28, 2015

By Sally34

Stratford at Beyer Park had the best physical environment. It was best run, and it was the most expensive. The people were more educated. It had a better layout. It was a nicer place. The staff was professional, but not nearly as sweet as those at the other two places I went to.

April 27, 2015

By Susan105618950

We really liked the Stratford. We're just not in a position right now to get grandma there on her own. The whole feel of it was really inviting and warm. My grandma gets a little claustrophobic, so their hallways were wide, and there was an open floor plan. I love their activities. The seniors living there seemed happy. The staff seemed very warm and helpful. We did take grandma there for a lunch and a tour. It has just a really good feel, and I thought it will be a good fit for my grandma. There's a variety of residents there. Some still drive on their own, some can't, and there are some in wheelchairs. So there's a different variety which I like because my grandma has to spend it out being with old people, even though she's 91 years old.

August 11, 2014

Stratford was high-end and was not in my mom's budget. The staff was very nice. The rooms were spacious -- they have apartments and studios and it depends on what you're looking for. There's somebody at the desk or entrance all the time but it's not a gated community.

July 31, 2014

By LovelyLady000090

Stratford was very nice. The place looked clean and everybody looked happy. We met residents who had very nice things to say and that was very reassuring. My husband plays softball at the park across this place every weekend so it is convenient.

June 29, 2012

By Amanda S.1

The facility was very nice. I didn't make an appointment because I wanted to get an actual tour and staff didn't make me wait. It was my first choice to visit as it is the closest assisted living facility to where I live. They took me around. It was in a nice neighborhood and the apartments were very spacious. The inside was decorated very nicely. They had a game room and move theater. It seems kinda very but one of the things I liked the most about the apartments were they had high toilets so people weren't bending over so far to sit down and they had fold-able seats in the showers. They seemed to have a lot of activities and staff seemed to be attentive. It was a bit expensive especially since it has to be paid out of pockets as medicare doesn't cover it. The food seemed kinda bland but that could have been because of people needing special dietary needs.

Memory Care Reviews for Stratford at Beyer Park

Questions about Stratford at Beyer Park

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly trainings and inservices.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Stratford at Beyer Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

They majority of our residents are in their 80's and 90's. Some of their favorite things to do is stay active and socialize.

What programs or activities does Stratford at Beyer Park offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a wide range of activities which include: Exercise classes, Art classes, Committees to be apart of, Weekly Outtings, Bingo, Bridge, and Music all the time!

What places are near Stratford at Beyer Park or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have Marie Callendars next door along with other delicious restaurants in walking distance. The Veteran's Office is also conveniently located for the Veterans that live with us.

What transportation services does Stratford at Beyer Park offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation services 2x/week on Tuesdays and Thursdays to doctor's appointments or anywhere around town.

What makes the chef or dining program at Stratford at Beyer Park exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer restaurant style dining and we have an "Always Available" Menu along with 2 signature items for every meal.

What safety features or security measures does Stratford at Beyer Park offer to assisted living residents?

Security cameras in common areas and hallways and night time patrol.

How does Stratford at Beyer Park keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our directors are great with communication and on top of that we have an app that allows families to stay up to date on their loved ones activities attendance.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Stratford at Beyer Park during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our staff varies depending on the amount of care residents are being provided. For instance, we have residents who need no assistance and we have residents who need more assistance with ADL's, we staff base on that criteria.

If Stratford at Beyer Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have a dog run and patio in our common grounds.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly assigned trainings, All-Staffs, and in-services also.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Stratford at Beyer Park provide to protect residents who wander?

We are very cautious when we approve residents to live in Assisted Living or Memory Care. We provide both services and if someone is wandering we can only assist them in our Memory Care.

What programs or activities does Stratford at Beyer Park offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Group activities throught the day and we approach our residents in an encouraging way to participate in the daily activities.

Our Memory Care program director and we assess every 6 months and also when there is a change in condition.

What techniques does Stratford at Beyer Park use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We use the plate presentation method and the staff also encourages with meals if needed.

How does Stratford at Beyer Park keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our directors are great with communication and always inform families of any changes in a promptly.

Describe the neighborhood around Stratford at Beyer Park. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a residental neighborhood.

Is Stratford at Beyer Park affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with a hospital, but, we are within 5 miles of all 3 in town.

Costs for Stratford at Beyer Park

• Activities Extra: Happy Hour

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: RCFE

About Stratford at Beyer Park

Nestled in an established North Modesto neighborhood, The Stratford at Beyer Park is elevating today's standards for assisted living. We welcome you with the warmth and charm of a gracious home providing a superior lifestyle to seniors who value their independence, choice and dignity.

You sense our warm, caring approach to residential independent and assisted living in the beauty and comfort of the living room and library, the delicious aromas drifting from our elegant dining room or the bustling activities in the activity center. From the moment you walk through the door, you will experience the Lifestyle you deserve!

At your leisure, you can take advantage of community amenities such as our Cut-N-Curls Beauty/Barber Salon, The Poodle Skirt Ice Cream Shop and the Rhett and Scarlett Movie Theater.

The Stratford boasts a warm, friendly environment with a Poodle Skirt Cafe, Rhett and Scarlet Movie Theater showing movies 7 nights a week.

Map of Stratford at Beyer Park