186 Assisted Living Facilities near Encinitas, CA
There are 186 Assisted Living Facilities in the Encinitas area, with 6 in Encinitas and 180 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Encinitas is $4,331 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 649 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Encinitas. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Encinitas 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Carlsbad with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Encinitas find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Encinitas, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Encinitas, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Encinitas
The sunny beach city of Encinitas is located in southern California just 25 miles north of San Diego — 16.3 percent of residents are over the age of 65. Seniors looking for assisted living can choose from six facilities in Encinitas and over a dozen in the surrounding areas. In California, Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs) are regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Encinitas
- Encinitas has a Mediterranean type climate with temperate weather, which is great news for seniors who enjoy the outdoors. The city has a wet season in the winter and spring with rainfall averaging about 11 inches per year, well below the U.S. average of 39 inches. Temperatures are mild, reaching highs of 74 degrees Fahrenheit in July and lows of 45 degrees in January.
- Encinitas has plenty for Seniors to do, including annual festivals like Oktoberfest, Environment Day and the April Street Fair. The Encinitas Senior Center and Kitchens for Good offers a farm-to-table dining experience for seniors on weekdays and provides transportation for seniors wishing to attend the lunches.
- The cost of living in Encinitas is 127.5 percent higher than the U.S. average,which may be an issue for seniors on a budget. This is primarily due to housing, however, as the costs of groceries, transportation and health care all fall just slightly above national medians.
- Seniors can feel safe living in Encinitas, which has a relatively low crime rate. The city rates an 18.6 out of 100 for violent crime with 100 representing high crime. This is well below the national average of 31.1. Property crime is only slightly higher scoring a 25 out of 100.
- Seniors who don’t drive can take Breeze buses around the city and enjoy reduced fares. Out & About Transportation provides volunteer drivers for seniors who need help getting to grocery shopping, medical appointments and social activities.
- Encinitas has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Citizen Commission, an organization that works to improve the quality of life for seniors in the city, and the City of Encinitas Senior Center, which provides social, recreational and educational activities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Encinitas
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Encinitas start around $4,298 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Encinitas and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Encinitas
Seniors may apply for financial aid for assisted living through the Medi-Cal Assisted Living Waiver Program, which helps seniors transition to assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Encinitas
Encinitas and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Encinitas, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Encinitas
Encinitas-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Encinitas, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Encinitas
Review of Atria Encinitas
I've visited friends at Atria Encinitas. I have a very good friend whose father was there, and she was very happy with the care and everything. I also visited someone else who lived there, and she ... Read more
Review of Atria Encinitas
Atria Encinitas is an excellent place for retirement. They're very generous and helpful to the clients. The food is excellent and beautiful. Read more
Review of Atria Encinitas
My husband has been in Atria Encinitas for about a month and a half now. It's very good. We were quite surprised at some things, and there were things we did not expect at all. The staff is excelle... Read more