28 Assisted Living Facilities near Oceanside, CA
With an average cost of $2,934 in Oceanside, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 89 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 14 facilities in Oceanside.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Oceanside, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Oceanside
Seniors living in Oceanside, the northern most city in San Diego County, bask in perfect weather year round. There are 3.5 miles of beach, a harbor and several museums for seniors to enjoy. With 57 assisted living facilities in Oceanside and its neighboring communities, there are plenty of housing options for senior to pick from. Among the facilities, there are 14 in Oceanside and 43 in nearby cities. These residences help with the tasks of daily living and provide a comfortable and safe home for seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Oceanside
- The weather in Oceanside is excellent, with 13 inches of rain on average throughout the year and 266 sunny days per year. Summer highs top out at 79 degrees Fahrenheit in July, while winter lows dip to only 44 degrees Fahrenheit in January. Most years there is no snow through the winter, making the climate ideal for seniors.
- The tax situation in the city of Oceanside is appealing for seniors who live in assisted living since there are no state taxes taken out of SSA payments for residents of the state of California.
- Seniors have a good number of transportation options in the city. There are a number of light rail lines in the city that stop in neighboring cities like Escondido, Los Angeles, and San Diego. Other programs like the Taxi Scrip Purchase system, the Ride Service program and Volunteer Driver Services provide excellent options for getting around.
- In Oceanside, the crime rate is about equal to the national average. While violent crime in Oceanside is 1.6 points above the national average of 31.1, property crime is 3.5 points below the average. Seniors who live in the city can enjoy a relatively safe environment.
- The cost of living around the Oceanside area is high and is increasing. The overall score for the city is 153, compared to the national average of 100. Housing is by far the most expensive cost in the city, coming in with a score of 250. Other categories like groceries, health care and transportation all sit in the range of 106.8 to 112.
- Air quality in the geographical area of Oceanside is very poor. San Diego, the nearest large city, has a grade of F on air quality and 106 orange level days per year. Seniors with respiratory problems or conditions who live in the area may suffer health problems because of pollutants.
Paying for Assisted Living in Oceanside
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Oceanside start around $2,934 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Oceanside and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Oceanside
There are two funding assistance sources for seniors in Oceanside. The Assisted Living Waiver Program is the primary source, while the Optional State Supplement provides funding for seniors who receive SSI.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Oceanside
Oceanside and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Oceanside, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Oceanside
Oceanside-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Oceanside
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Oceanside
The Pacifica Senior Living Oceanside was the second choice of my parents. They liked it a lot, the people were friendly, we got to go into the apartment, and it was impressive. We liked it, and I'd... Read more
Review of Ocean Hills Senior Living
I went to Ocean Hills Senior Living. It's a new one and really nice. It was good, but it's just really expensive, and a little further away from me; I need something closer to me. It's beautiful, t... Read more
Review of Fairwinds - Ivey Ranch
My mom is at 3Fairwinds Ivey Ranch. I think we're going on our 2nd month there. They're taking very good care of my mom. They are so helpful and wonderful. They call me anytime if there's something... Read more