19 Assisted Living Facilities near Fallbrook, CA
With an average cost of $3,083 in Fallbrook, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 45 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 11 facilities in Fallbrook.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Fallbrook, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fallbrook
Fallbrook is a residential community located halfway between Temecula and Oceanside. Home to 30,500 people, 15 percent of whom are seniors age 65 and over, the Fallbrook area has 18 assisted living facilities where seniors can live independently.
Assisted living facilities in Fallbrook, as in the rest of the state of California, are required to carry a license issued by the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fallbrook
- The weather in Fallbrook is exceptionally pleasant and mild all year. Summer highs average 90 degrees, with a steady shore breeze to keep things comfortable. Winter lows average 44 degrees, while just 10 inches of rain fall here in a typical year. Fallbrook is located in the large open spaces north of Camp Pendleton, where dust in summer and pollen in spring can cause some issues for seniors with COPD or asthma.
- Fallbrook's cost of living is just slightly above the average for the state of California, which is itself 69 percent higher than the national average. Healthcare is more affordable in Fallbrook than the typical national rate, at just 85 percent the average cost.
Crime rates in Fallbrook are generally at the same level as rates in similar categories nationwide. Property crimes are relatively common in the Temecula-Fallbrook corridor, though violent crimes are significantly less common here than they are nationwide.
- Fallbrook is part of the North County Transit District network, which runs public transport lines throughout the Oceanside-Temecula region. Seniors qualify for a discount on all lines with valid ID. NCTD provides transportation services through its BREEZE buses and Lift vans, as well as the Coaster and Sprinter rail services
- The Fallbrook area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Fallbrook Medical Center and Temecula Valley Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- San Diego County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fallbrook
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Fallbrook start around $3,083 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fallbrook and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fallbrook
Fallbrook is in San Diego County, which is one of the 15 California counties where low-income seniors can use a Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver. This state program helps some seniors cover the cost of assisted living or home care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fallbrook
Fallbrook and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fallbrook, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fallbrook
Fallbrook-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fallbrook
Review of Regency at Fallbrook
Our experience with Regency at Fallbrook was good. The staff was good. I watched the staff interact with the residents, and it was good. The facility was clean. Because of COVID going to these plac... Read more
Review of Silvergate Fallbrook
My mom was a Silvergate resident for nearly a year. She had slight dimentia and the staff cared for her so well that she still had as much independence as possible but was very well taken care of.... Read more
Review of Silvergate Fallbrook
I have lived here for over 3 years. I have never been happier. I have a lovely apartment. The staff is very friendly and exceptional. Read more