Silvergate Fallbrook

Reviews of Silvergate Fallbrook

Assisted Living Reviews for Silvergate Fallbrook

August 27, 2020

By JENGRU

Silvergate is where I wish I could live when I require assisted living! Everyone is so kind and caring and my parents are very happy and feel cared for and safe here. Communication is top notch, as well as the food and residences. I am so very grateful I found this facility! Helen was an amazing support and I could not have made it through the placement process without her!

I am so glad you found us and so happy to know that your mom and dad are happy in their new home! Thank you for your kind words and support. We will continue to provide them safety, care and fun activities!

August 18, 2020

By JackieDF

When the 2017 Lilac fire took my home I looked at Silvergate as I always heard it was held in high regard. It has been my home for 3 years and it has been truly "home". The employees and staff are exceptional, as is the food. I couldn't have picked a better place. Silvergate is a kind and caring community.

Dearest Jackie, we are so glad that we were here for you when you needed us in 2017 and so happy that you have made us your home for the past three years. We will continue to provide you with exceptional service and care.

August 14, 2020

By HappyPeg

Thank God for Silvergate! These are difficult times right now and I appreciate the comfort, safety and loving care I receive here. I enjoy the many activities and personal attention and the delicious food I receive at this beautiful residence. I love living at Silvergate.

Thank you HappyPeg, we love that you chose Silvergate as your home and will continue to work hard to bring you the best in retirement living!

By declamatoire

Comfortable apartments. Responsive staff members.

By C squared

Really nice facilities with excellent food. The staff is exceptional. Very good value, money-wise. The entire family feels quite fortunate to have found Silvergate for Mom.

Thank you for your kind words. We take great pride in both our Award-Winning care and providing delicious, nutritious cuisine for our beloved residents such as your Mom.

By RickyB

I'm so grateful for the great job they're doing during the pandemic.

Thank you! We are taking great precautions using CDC protocols to keep our Silvergate family, Residents and Staff alike, safe.

February 27, 2020

By P.F.

We're very happy with Silvergate Fallbrook. It's just a challenge moving to a new place with my mom's condition. But the food is very good, the people are very nice and the place is really clean. The atmosphere is very comforting, very home-like and less institutional, and that's the thing we really like about it. The staff is very attentive, so we're happy. My mother is in a deluxe studio apartment there. They also have a basic studio as well as 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartments. I have only eaten there once but my mom likes the food. I also like the layout of the community although my mom thinks it's a little hard to get around and going up and down the halls. They also have a lot of good activities that they offer. It would have been better if it's not that expensive, but it's comparable.

August 28, 2018

By Jere

Silvergate Fallbrook is a top-of-the-line place. They had a lot of activities and very attentive staff. It was clean and had housekeeping every day. Being a bigger facility, they had more things, like food, snacks, and drinks available throughout the day and three meals a day. It was a very nice place.

Thank you Jere for taking a moment to share with others your comments from your visit to Silvergate Fallbrook. We are pleased that you noticed our attention to detail. Our new service of all day dining is going well and the residents are enjoying the flexibility. We have a moderate size community, and friendly residents. Personal recommendations help bring more individuals and families to see for themselves the benefits of a Silvergate lifestyle. Thank you very much!

December 21, 2017

By Sis

Of all the senior communities that I've visited, Silvergate Fallbrook was my favorite because they have independent living, assisted living, and memory care. If you have to move into a place like that, you won't have to uproot yourself to move again if you go up a level. The staff was very friendly, and the rooms were all clean. I was there while they were eating lunch, and it appeared to me that everyone that needed help with their food were being well cared for.

Thank you Sis for your positive review. We take pride in our country estate, staff and friendly residents. We believe in aging in place. Moving is difficult for everyone. Reviews like yours, help families with difficult decisions as they choose the best community. We appreciate the time you took to review us.

July 17, 2017

By Donna

Silvergate Fallbrook was a very nice community. The nurse was wonderful. My mother-in-law had a beautiful room that looked out over the entrance. It's location to food, laundry, and everything else worked out really well. However, there was a constant problem with ants in the room. Overall, it was a nice community. The location and grounds were very nice. They had good transportation to the pharmacy and doctor's office. The activities were wonderful, too.

Thank you for your kind words you spoke about Silvergate. We do have regular maintenance for pest control and seek to address issues as soon as possible.

September 30, 2016

By Nani457182

My mother-in-law moved into Silvergate, and it's a family-owned facility. It's like a hotel, the meals are very good, and if you don't want what they're serving, they'll get you whatever you like. She has two sets to choose from for dinner. It meets all the needs -- dietary and activities -- of the elders there. She loves the fact that they have exercises, hairdressers, and manicurists. They're taking very good care of her.

February 26, 2016

By Family Member 11

Silvergate had a more clinical feel to it. They didn’t have any of amenities that the Temecula community has. The staff people were polite, and professional. It’s really just the overall feeling. The rooms were a satisfactory size. It’s just not what I was looking for. I didn’t really care about the size of the room. It's more of the whole package.

January 29, 2016

By Marylou A

I thought Silvergate Fallbrook was very nice as well as the grounds. The staff was very nice and friendly, and they took me around. They said they couldn’t take my cousin unless she is really stabilized, and at this point she is not but if she was that would have been a great place for her. It was like a retirement resort, and it had a big area where everybody could meet. I was really hoping it would work out for her, but not yet. I would absolutely recommend them.

Thank you for your favorable review. Silvergate is a great place to live and work. I hope in the future your cousin's health improves and she is able to enjoy our resort living as a resident.

October 16, 2014

By Victoria10

I’ve been to Silvergate a couple of times and somebody showed me around. I didn’t actually eat there, but they showed me the lunch room and dining room, and it definitely smelled good. It’s a little more assisted than independent although I think they are independent people there. It’s a very lovely facility, the people were very nice, and it’s little too close for me. They have rooms where they gather; one or two of them had a piano.

September 22, 2014

I went to Silvergate. The staff was personable. The room was small and it was upstairs. There was like a step into the shower. You have to pay someone to accompany residents to a meal. I didn’t find it to be something that would work for us.

July 12, 2013

By Kim23

My mom is staying at Silvergate Retirement Residence and so far she is independent living, but soon she'll be needing assisted living care too. There is no smell of urine when you go in and the facility is really pretty. Their common areas are very nice too. They have a beautiful dining room where everybody gets to eat. They have a choice on their menu and food is excellent. They have all kinds of activities like games, movies and bingos. They also have a happy hour before dinner. My mom doesn't drink but she goes just because it is a social affair. In this event, they can choose whatever dessert they want. We are very impressed with Silvergate and I definitely would recommend it.

May 23, 2013

By caring0395

Silvergate was absolutely wine and dining me, and I liked them a lot except that they're the most expensive so far. The staff has been the friendliest. I've gone out to one of their outing because they invited me and I liked it a lot. I had a good time. They didn't have a pool, a workout room, and it doesn't have much acreage, but it did feel homey.

April 30, 2013

Silvergate is a big, clean, and nice facility. The only problem is that it's expensive. It's a big corporation. I just think they would have to look at their budget. It would be a good place but the only disadvantage is that it's not really set up if you have medical issues. It's very good for independent-living though. I wouldn't recommend them based on them tagging so many fees like laundry service and medication assistance.

Independent Living Reviews for Silvergate Fallbrook

Memory Care Reviews for Silvergate Fallbrook

Questions about Silvergate Fallbrook

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Silvergate Fallbrook. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 80, our residents range in age from 70-102. We offer a full calendar of in-house activities hosted by professional instructors, such as art class, animal therapy and exercise class to name a few, as well as outside trips and outings.

What programs or activities does Silvergate Fallbrook offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Walking club. We are located on a 5 acre campus in beautiful grounds, in a countryside like setting. We also walk at the Grand Tradition, a beautiful stately home with manicured grounds here in Fallbrook. We also offer Bible Study for their spiritual needs, exercise classes and a free membership to the gym at the Rehab Therapy Centre next door. As well as a Healing from Loss support group run by a Licensed Social Worker, to help them grieve and overcome their loss.

What places are near Silvergate Fallbrook or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Aside from our 5 acre campus to walk around, they can walk to local shops and Doctors/dentists and wellness centers.

What transportation services does Silvergate Fallbrook offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation via our bus or van. We go as far north as Murrieta and as far south as Escondido and San Marcos for Dr appts. Over 50 miles there is a fee.

What makes the chef or dining program at Silvergate Fallbrook exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer fine dining. We have a great reputation for our food. All food is natural and made from scratch. We offer all day dining, including a fresh salad bar and home made soups daily. Once a month we have a candlelight Gourmet Dinner with entertainment with menu options such as Lobster Bisque, Beef Wellington, Sea Bass, fingerling potatoes, summer veg and Italian lemon cake or Cheesecake. The menu changes every month and our chef takes residents suggestions and create special meals by special request. For example, we have 8 WWII veterans living here and they requested fried liver and onions and SOS. We offered both choices as an extra option and it brought back great memories for all of our veterans.

What safety features or security measures does Silvergate Fallbrook offer to assisted living residents?

We have care staff on site 24/7, concierge manned front desks 24/7 and security patrolling the property. All outside doors are locked at 9:00 pm and residents returning after that time must be admitted by the concierge on duty.

How does Silvergate Fallbrook keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Families are called immediately whenever there is a care concern. We also keep in touch with families and let them know how they are doing by emailing them photos of them attending events. Our families love getting fun updates this way.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Silvergate Fallbrook during daytime and nighttime hours?

We offer 24/7 care with nurses, care givers and med techs. Our response time is 5 minutes or less. We have caregivers, med techs and nurses seven days a week. Most Assisted Living communities have one nurse on staff Mon-Fri, 9-5, Silvergate has 4 nurses on staff seven days a week, thereby offering a higher level of care. We also offer diabetes management, sliding scale.

If Silvergate Fallbrook accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, we welcome our residents to bring their fur babies with them. They can walk on the walking trail around our 5 acre campus or walk them in the grassy courtyards. We offer doggy bag stations for pick up, the resident must be able to care for their pet, dog or cat. For dogs, there is a weigh limit of 35 lbs and they must be on a leash outside of the apartment at all times. The fee is $30/month.

Costs for Silvergate Fallbrook

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• Licenses: RCFE License

About Silvergate Fallbrook

For more than 20 years, Silvergate Retirement Residence has been providing premier independent living, assisted living, and memory care to North San Diego County. Located in the quaint village of Fallbrook, our community is conveniently close to shopping and medical facilities. Silvergate is locally owned and operated by AmeriCare Health & Retirement, Inc. and has been recognized as a leading senior living community and one of San Diego's BEST Retirement Communities by The Union Tribune's annual Readers Poll.

With one inclusive monthly rate, residents receive three daily meals, weekly housekeeping & flat linen service, utilities (excluding cable and phone), scheduled transportation, 24-hour reception and security on-site, 24-hour emergency response system, apartment maintenance and repair, reserved parking, and a full calendar of exciting activities, programs and scheduled outings.

Silvergate also offers various customized assisted living services at an additional cost. Our Director of Resident Care, along with our licensed nurses and 24-hour caregivers, ensure residents are provided with the assistance needed, at the moment it's needed. Some of the care services available include: medication management, assistance with activities of daily living (such as bathing, dressing and grooming), escort assistance, weight and blood pressure monitoring, continence assistance, and diabetes care management.

For residents living with Alzheimer's or related dementias, Silvergate's Memory Care Suites are designed to feel like home, but offer the safety of a secured perimeter, high-level supervision, and around-the-clock security. The monthly rate includes: private or semi-private accommodations, licensed nursed available daily, daily meals and snacks, staff trained in memory impairment, 24-hour monitoring and supervision, regular reminders and redirection, specialized programs and activities, daily housekeeping services, and secure outside grounds.

To learn more about our quality amenities and full range of services, schedule your complimentary lunch and tour today!

Map of Silvergate Fallbrook