80 Assisted Living Facilities near Vista, CA
Also serving communities of Bonsall.
There are 80 Assisted Living Facilities in the Vista area, with 16 in Vista and 64 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Vista is $3,668 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include San Marcos with an average starting cost of $3,537.
To help you with your search, browse the 314 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Vista. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Vista 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Temecula with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Vista find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Vista, call (855) 863-8283.
16 Assisted Living Facilities in Vista, CA
64 Assisted Living Facilities near Vista, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Vista
Vista is located in Southern California in the northwestern part of San Diego County. It's senior population is only 10 percent out of over 101,000 residents. Seniors who are looking into assisted living at residential care facilities (RCFs) have 18 local RCFs and 43 nearby from which to choose. All RCFs in Vista are licensed and regulated by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS), Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Vista
- The cost of living in Vista is 53 percent higher than the national average and 1 percent higher than nearby cities. Seniors should account for the added health, housing, transportation and grocery expenses before moving here.
- Local air quality in Vista is some of the worse, with the American Lung Association naming it as one of the top 10 worse in Ozone pollution. Seniors could have higher respiratory problems living in the city.
- California is known for not being tax-friendly to seniors, only exempting Social Security Income (SSI) but not other forms of retirement income. Corona also has an 8.25 percent sales tax, higher than the national average.
- Vista has an array of community resources for seniors, including The Center, an organization that helps seniors learn new skills, discover personal fulfillment, meet and interact with new people and shares knowledge with one another through one senior center.
- Locals enjoy relatively low violent and property crime rates in Vista, both lower than the national average. This allows seniors to feel safer participating in outdoor and late-night activities of daily living (ADL).
- Vista, part of San Diego County, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or country a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Vista
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Vista start around $3,668 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Vista and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Vista
Seniors seeking financial assistance in Vista have two state programs and one Medicaid available to apply for aid, including the Medicaid 1915(c) Assisted Living Waiver Program, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS)
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Vista
Vista and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Vista, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Vista
Vista-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Vista, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Vista
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Vista
We looked at both assisted and independent living facilities at Pacifica Senior Living Vista. It was very good. The staff was very nice, even people who we weren't directly interacting with knew ev... Read more
Review of Alta Vista Senior Living
As soon as I walked into Alta Vista Senior Living, I felt very comfortable. The lobby and front room is bright and airy. Sherrie (at the front desk) and a few residents wished me a warm welcome. As... Read more
Review of Alta Vista Senior Living
The staff work extremely hard - but they need help. More communication needed from executive director. Read more