Sunrise at La Costa

7020 Manzanita Street, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Sunrise at La Costa (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 138 days

Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise at La Costa

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise at La Costa

February 01, 2020

By Reviewer12220

We went to Sunrise at La Costa. They're very accommodating and they left me with a good impression. It's a nice facility, very attractive, and clean. The staff member during the tour was very nice and knowledgeable. It was homey.

March 24, 2019

By Katie

I really liked Sunrise at La Costa because it was newer and smaller. The staff was very helpful and very nice, and they had a very good variety of activities. Everything was very clean. The room was a little smaller as well. The food on the menu looked very good. It's a very well-maintained facility.

October 30, 2017

By LJ

My father is at Sunrise At La Costa and it is very homey. The caretakers are very friendly and they don't have a lot of turnover. I really like it. The apartments are nice and it's a nice size. The place is not huge, but it's not tiny, and they try to encourage independence. They offer activities to the residents and they make them feel welcome. The food's very good. I think it's a good value.

May 26, 2017

By debra234327

So far so good; we've heard a lot of great things about Sunrise at La Costa, and my mother-in-law is just settling in and has only been there since last Monday. It seems to be working out so far, and she's in the memory care section. I liked the facility, and they're very close to where we live; that helps. It seems to be very well-kept, and it's a very pretty facility. It's active and clean, and the attendants seemed very attentive and answered all of our questions. It was comparable in price also.

April 13, 2017

By Jean123164

The place we liked the best was Sunrise at La Costa. My favorite part of it was the person that showed us around was very bubbly and friendly, and there were more people congregated in little groups. There was more happiness going on for me, and the people really looked happy. The rooms weren’t as big. My son has gone there several times to do cooking shows ,and he says he invites the guests around to watch. Everybody gets to taste everything, and they make it a big deal. They had movies every night, and they had people come in and teach.

February 23, 2017

By HU

The director at Sunrise was very personal, thorough, and was in contact with the residents while going through the tour. It was pretty high-end in as far as activities and stimulation, and I felt like some of the programs were more than what my mom would be able to handle. They did do a nice follow up. They had a lot of amenities, and they had a library and a pool.

June 17, 2014

By Penelope5

Everyone at Sunrise is very nice, professional, polite and caring. They all go the extra mile. The interiors are lovely. It took us over six months to get my father in law to go into the facility. The sales staff, Sally especially were very patient, gave me a lot of advise. My 93 year old father in law is now very happy in his new home. He is also now only five minutes from our home. Great place.

April 10, 2014

By Linda82683350

Sunrise was beautiful. Everybody from the manager down to the staff was so friendly. It seemed like a really good place to be. However, that's $3,500 or $5,000 a month for my dad.

November 27, 2013

My uncle is in Sunrise. It is an excellent facility and a luxurious place. It is clean and we are very satisfied because he is happy there.

October 30, 2013

By Marcelle1

My visit at Sunrise at La Costa was excellent. The woman in-charge was very informative and helpful. She knew that we would not be able to choose their facility, but she was very helpful. The people there were very nice.

August 13, 2013

By Terry14

Sunrise is lovely, very large and clean. The Sunrise assisted living is fabulous for someone who is social throughout their life and they don't mind a big social environment. The staff was very nice. The residents seemed happy there but it wasn't appropriate for my mom, it just seemed larger than I think she would accept. My mom needed to be in an environment where there are less residents not a hundred. I think it depends on the individual.

December 03, 2012

By eris

The facilities were pleasant over all. The location of the area is rather ideal for elderly residents, as it is very close in proximity to various shopping centers and entertainment centers. For example, directly across the street from Sunrise Assisted Living in Carlsbad in a shopping center, the contains a grocery store, movie theatre, some small boutiques, ect. The only down side of this, is that because the location of the Assisted living center being right next to this shopping center, there is always a lot of traffic and noise, which I would say is the main downside to this facility. The facility itself is very nice, with a lobby and restaurant area for residents and family members to visit with one another. There is always handicap access throughout all parts of the facility. There is a nice garden area outside as well, and the residences are always decorated festively during the holidays. When I visited the facilities as a volunteer, I was under the impression from the various people that I talked to that they were generally happy living here. Overall, I would say that Sunrise Assisted Living provides an adequate facility for assisted living.

August 21, 2012

By Sahil

Initially, I had to meet with the head of the entire facility in order to volunteer. Once I had met with her, I was officially approved. Most of time time I spent there consisted of running errands and talking to the elderly along with all of the other volunteers. I remember the facility to be very nice, it had a nice spacious dining room with a old cafe-like feel to it. There was a "house" dog that would kind of just run around and circulate through all of the residents, playing and giving them joy. All in all, I enjoyed my time there, and it definitely seemed like the residents were comfortable and not distressed to be living there.

July 23, 2012

By Swazzlo

The appearance of the facility was modern, but also old-fashioned at the same time. The dining room had a great grand piano in the center, which was played during lunch and dinner. The facility also had a resident dog, which would cycle around the building and socialize and provide valuable interaction with the elderly. In the back of the facility, there were many beautiful walkways in which elders could stroll and get fresh air. The facility offered many classes such as water aerobics, arts and crafts, etc. The home had rapid transport shuttle services to local hospitals in case they were needed. Overall, my 12 hours at the facility were very enjoyable; it was refreshing to see that the many elderly people living in the facility were surrounded by a healthy environment in which they could keep their spirits high.

April 18, 2012

By stellaluna

Sunrise Assisted Living in La Costa is a beautiful facility, inside and out, that provides great care and many amenities to their residence and their family members. The staff such as the of caregivers, medtechs, and nurses comes together to provide the help requested by residents and their family members. At Sunrise their are many daily activities (arts&crafts, aerobics, spanish classes) along with trips around town every other week. The kitchen, known for the awesome chef, serves three meals a day which the residents can take to their room or join other residents in the dining room and provides a private dining room for special occasions.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise at La Costa

Questions about Sunrise at La Costa

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

We have monthly trainings for every member for Sunrise staff which can be as much as 6 hours training each month.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise at La Costa. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Most residents are between the ages of 78-90.

What programs or activities does Sunrise at La Costa offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Live with Purpose Actives programs are signature Sunrise programs that specifically tailored to resident engagement in order to create meaning and purpose. . For example Live with Music - will usually mean we have live music program for residents to enjoy. We get residents involved in an interest group or have them lead one of their own. We encourage them tm to use their life skills whenever possible - not only to simulate them mentally but it will also give their days purpose.

What places are near Sunrise at La Costa or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are across the street to the La Costa Dove Library, close to Baniquitos Lagoons and walking trail, across the street to luxury movies theatres, restaurants, salon, gym, Vons supermarket, post office.

What transportation services does Sunrise at La Costa offer to assisted living residents?

We have a vehicle available for doctors appointments once a week, we also have a van available for group outings/activities.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise at La Costa exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Dining programs promises delicious home cooked meals made from scratch each day by our trained culinary professionals. Our residents enjoy fresh and local culinary ingredients and select form a rich assortment of menu choices designed with their heath in mind. We have specialty dining menus available that include low sodium, no sugar added, soft foods and more.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise at La Costa offer to assisted living residents?

We have pull cords in each rooms of residents apartments, pendants available, hallway rails to provide extra sturdiness if needed, secured entrances..

How does Sunrise at La Costa keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Monthly newsletter from our Executive Director with updates, monthly wellness visits to residents where our curse provides communication to family with any updates.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sunrise at La Costa during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff according to our Individual Service Plans for each resident.

If Sunrise at La Costa accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept pets in Assisted Living only if the resident is able to care for that pet. We can suggest outside services to care for the pet should that be a concern.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have monthly trainings for every member for Sunrise staff. which can be as much as 6 hours training each month.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Dependent on the residents Individual Service Plans.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise at La Costa provide to protect residents who wander?

We are a secured community and we have cameras.

What programs or activities does Sunrise at La Costa offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We cultivate through application, meaning and purpose, in our activity programming. Live with Purpose is designed to champion the quality of our resident's'

Our Resident Care Coordinator/Nurse, every 30 days we preform a wellness check.

What techniques does Sunrise at La Costa use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Connecting at mealtime help caregivers connect with a loved one and nurture their spirit as well as their body. We allow for preferences. Offering your loved one a balanced meal while providing their favorite foods often as possible. encourage them to select food items particularly if cooking was a life skill they enjoyed. We keep it simple, yet familiar, and dignified. elaborate table settings can confuse with memory loss. We use contrasting colors and encourage independence where possible.

How does Sunrise at La Costa keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Wellness check and updates from nurse monthly.

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise at La Costa. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Comfortable, peaceful, well kept, scenic.

Is Sunrise at La Costa affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

No hospital affiliation. We allow Hospice, any therapy services, mobile doctors, mobile dentist, mobile podiatrist services

Costs for Sunrise at La Costa