85 Assisted Living Facilities near El Dorado Hills, CA
There are 85 Assisted Living Facilities in the El Dorado Hills area, with 10 in El Dorado Hills and 75 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in El Dorado Hills is $3,857 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Fair Oaks with an average starting cost of $3,263.
To help you with your search, browse the 242 reviews below for assisted living facilities in El Dorado Hills. On average, consumers rate assisted living in El Dorado Hills 2.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Folsom with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in El Dorado Hills, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in El Dorado Hills, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in El Dorado Hills
El Dorado Hills is a suburb in northern California near the Folsom Lake State Recreation Area, just 22 miles east of Sacramento. Seniors over 65 make up 14.4 percent of the population and are served by nine assisted living facilities in town and over 30 in the surrounding areas. Assisted living facilities are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs) in California and are regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD). They are defined as facilities that provide room and board and personal care for seniors over 60.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in El Dorado Hills
- El Dorado Hills enjoys warm, dry summers with highs of 94 degrees Fahrenheit in July and chilly winters with temperatures that average around 37 degrees in January. Rainfall is below the national average at 32 inches per year and snowfall is minimal, averaging only one inch annually making it easier for seniors to get to outdoor activities.
- The cost of living in El Dorado Hills is 82.1 percent higher than the U.S. average which may make it difficult for seniors on a budget. Housing is the largest contributor to this with transportation 39 points above the national average, grocery costs only slightly higher and health care lower than U.S. averages.
- Seniors can feel comfortable traveling around the city as El Dorado Hills is safer than 54 percent of U.S. cities and enjoys low violent crime and property crime rates. Violent crime scores a 24.7 out of 100, with 100 representing high crime, and property crime a 24.8, both below U.S. averages.
- Seniors can use El Dorado Transit which provides several routes around town and offers a reduced rate. The city also provides Senior Shuttle for transportation to grocery shopping and day trips.
- El Dorado Hills and the surrounding area have plenty for seniors to do including Folsom Lake Recreation Area and the Folsom Zoo Sanctuary. The city’s Senior Activities Program provides senior day and overnight trips from the Placerville Senior Center along with tours and cruises.
- El Dorado Hills has an array of community resources for seniors, including the El Dorado County Area Agency on Aging, an organization that provides activities, classes, counseling, programs and volunteer opportunities for seniors as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in El Dorado Hills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in El Dorado Hills start around $3,571 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in El Dorado Hills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in El Dorado Hills
Since El Dorado Hills lies within El Dorado County, seniors here may not be eligible for the Medi-Cal Assisted Living Waiver Program for financial aid. However, the program does cover nearby Sacramento County.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in El Dorado Hills
El Dorado Hills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in El Dorado Hills, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in El Dorado Hills
El Dorado Hills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near El Dorado Hills, CA
Other Options in El Dorado Hills, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in El Dorado Hills
Review of Lake View Residential Care
A close relative was under the care of Lake view residential care and because of the condition of my relative they told us we needed to remove him or medicate him to zombified state to make him eas... Read more
Review of Elite Elder Care
My family member is unfortunately a current resident of this place and it is not going well for her. She has tried to leave and been restrained and returned to the facility against her will, she i... Read more
Review of Elite Elder Care
So far, I am very pleased with Royal Gardens and my mother also seemed very pleased. It's a very nice place, very clean, and the people are very nice. We are really happy at this point. Her room sp... Read more