30 Assisted Living Facilities near Cameron Park, CA
There are 30 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cameron Park area, with 5 in Cameron Park and 25 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cameron Park is $3,720 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Fair Oaks with an average starting cost of $3,221.
To help you with your search, browse the 102 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cameron Park. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cameron Park 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Placerville with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Cameron Park find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cameron Park, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Cameron Park, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cameron Park
Cameron Park is located in Sacramento, California. Sacramento is the state capital of California. It is known to be one of the most historic cities in California and is rich in museums and beautiful parks that seniors living in the area can enjoy. The area is home to a little more than 18,000 residents, 17 percent of whom are over the age of 65. Assisted living facilities in California are officially known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs), and in the Cameron Park area, there are a total of 62 RCFs. Five RCFs are located right in Cameron Park, and the remaining 57 are in nearby areas such as Folsom and El Dorado.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cameron Park
- Cameron Park has a comfortable year-round climate. With an average yearly snowfall of only one inch and an average rainfall of 34 inches, precipitation is minimal when compared with national averages of 26 inches of snow and 39 inches of rain. Seniors who enjoy being outdoors can spend more time each year taking part in outdoor activities such as walking and gardening.
- Seniors on a budget may find the cost of living in Cameron Park unaffordable. The overall cost of living is 64.6 percent above the national average. However, the cost of healthcare in Cameron Park is 13 percent below the national average.
- Seniors living in Cameron Hills have safe transportation options. El Dorado Transit offers routes throughout Cameron Hills and El Dorado with connecting routes into Sacramento.
- The Cameron Park Area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Marshall Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The state of California exempts social security income from taxes, meaning that seniors living in Cameron Park may have more cash on hand that can be used to pay for assisted living.
- Cameron Park has an array of community resources for seniors, including Cameron Park Community Services District Seniors Lunches, which gives seniors the opportunity to come together during weekdays to enjoy a nutritious meal together, as well as three senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cameron Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Cameron Park start around $3,720 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cameron Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cameron Park
A 1915(c) Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver is available to help eligible seniors pay for the cost of services in RCFs in Cameron Park.
Seniors in California who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) can apply for an Optional State Supplement to assist them in paying for room and board expenses. The state caps room and board charges for seniors who receive SSI.
Family supplementation is not allowed in California.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cameron Park
Cameron Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cameron Park, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cameron Park
Cameron Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Cameron Park, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cameron Park
Review of New West Haven
I like New West Haven, it's clean, it's nice, and the people are happy, but there's not enough workers to take care of all of them. The residents sit around and don't have anybody that comes to tak... Read more
Review of Ponte Palmero
I'm staying at Ponte Palmero. They have garages. The residents are very friendly, the employees are very friendly and helpful, but the only negative I've found is their cook. They keep the apartmen... Read more
Review of Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park
My husband has moved into Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park. It is sufficient. They're very good to their residents. There are exercises going on, crafts going on, and outings every day. Food is very good... Read more