3 Assisted Living Facilities near Angels Camp, CA
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Angels Camp area, with 1 in Angels Camp and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Angels Camp is $2,100 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 11 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Angels Camp. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Angels Camp 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sonora with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Angels Camp, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Angels Camp, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Angels Camp
Angels Camp is a small city located in Calaveras County, California, and is famously known as the inspiration behind Mark Twain's story "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras." The Calaveras County area is home to just under 46,000 residents and nearly 27 percent of the population is made up of residents over the age of 65. Angels camp itself has only one Residential Care Facility (RCF) that provides assisted living services; however, there are four more RCFs located in nearby towns such as San Andreas, Sonora, and Jamestown.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Angels Camp
- Angels Camp has no facilities to choose from in the event of medical emergencies or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in San Andreas.
- Seniors looking to travel safely throughout Angels Camp and Calaveras County need to find their own methods of transportation, as there are no public transit options in the area.
- The air quality in Angels Camp and throughout Calaveras County is poor and has received a failing grade from the American Lung Association. Seniors with respiratory-related medical concerns may find that their condition worsens while living in this area and might consider moving to an area with cleaner air.
- Local seniors will enjoy Angels Camp's and Calaveras County's rich history and culture. Some RCFs in the area may offer residents supervised day trips to visit local points of interest such as Angels Camp Museum or Mercer Caverns.
- The cost of living in Angels Camp is 21.6 percent above the national average, meaning that seniors have to pay more out of pocket for expenses like health care and prescription medications. Seniors who are on a budget may want to consider living in an area where they're able to put more of their money into the cost of assisted living.
- Although social security income is tax-exempt in California, all other forms of retirement income and pensions are fully taxed. That means that seniors receiving a pension or other forms of retirement income will have fewer available funds to use towards the cost of assisted living.
Paying for Assisted Living in Angels Camp
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Angels Camp start around $2,100 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Angels Camp and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Angels Camp
Seniors living in the Angels camp area are able to apply for financial assistance with the cost of services provided in RCFs under a 1915(c) Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver.
Individuals who are receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) are able to apply for an Optional State Supplement to help pay for the cost of room and board in RCFs. The state caps these charges for SSI recipients.
In California, family supplementation is not permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Angels Camp
Angels Camp and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Angels Camp, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Angels Camp
Angels Camp-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Angels Camp, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Angels Camp
Review of Foothill Village Senior Living Community
Foothill Village was very good if you were to be in the assisted living, but the memory care did not impress us as much. It was clean and nice, it has nice staff, and the rooms were big. I thought ... Read more
Review of Foothill Village Senior Living Community
Foothill Village is very nice. They have little apartments and assisted living. There are different levels in their prices. The staff is very friendly and very dedicated to the residents. The rooms... Read more