3 Assisted Living Facilities near Ramona, CA
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ramona area, with 2 in Ramona and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ramona. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ramona 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Poway with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ramona, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Ramona, CA
1 Assisted Living Facility near Ramona, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ramona
Ramona is a small city set in the high desert east of the larger San Diego metropolitan area. Home to over 20,000 people, only 11 percent of Ramona's residents are seniors age 65 and over. Seniors in Ramona who are looking for safe, comfortable independent living have at least three assisted living facilities in and around town to choose from. These facilities, like all long-term residential care communities in the state, are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ramona
- The climate in Ramona ranges from warm to hot, with long, dry summers and very mild winters. Summertime highs in Ramona average 89 degrees. Winters here average 42 degrees, with occasional dust blown in from the surrounding desert or haze that drifts in from San Diego. This can be an issue for some seniors with COPD or asthma. Ramona gets roughly 15 inches of rain a year, though California's frequent droughts can affect the annual total.
- The cost of living in Ramona is higher than the national average, though still slightly less expensive than California's average cost. Prices in Ramona average 66 percent higher than the national cost of living, but roughly 3 percent lower than the state average. Healthcare is more affordable in Ramona, costing about 15 percent less in Ramona than the national average.
- Crime rates in Ramona are about 15 percent lower than the national average. Theft rates in Ramona are similar to national figures, but violent crime is far less common.
- The North County Transit District (NCTD) handles most of the public transportation in Ramona. NCTD operates Coaster and Sprinter rail lines, as well as Breeze bus service throughout the Ramona area. Seniors qualify for a discount on these lines, and the Flex buses provide ADA-compliant dial-a-ride services. NCTD Lift provides assisted taxi service for mobility-impaired riders throughout the county.
- The Ramona area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Scripps Coastal Medical Center Escondido and Palomar Medical Center Escondido, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- San Diego County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ramona
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Ramona start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ramona and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ramona
Ramona's seniors may be able to use California's Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver program to cover some or all of the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ramona
Ramona and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ramona, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ramona
Ramona-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ramona
Review of Ramona Senior Lodge
My mom is in Ramona Senior Lodge. It is a good, really nice, and clean facility. I will recommend it to people who want to be in the Ramona area. They are very good to my mom. When we moved her the... Read more