88 Assisted Living Facilities near Santee, CA
There are 88 Assisted Living Facilities in the Santee area, with 6 in Santee and 82 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Santee is $4,400 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include El Cajon with an average starting cost of $3,300.
To help you with your search, browse the 217 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Santee. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Santee 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lakeside with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Santee, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Santee, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Santee
The town of Santee, California lies just beyond the borders of San Diego and offers a refreshing atmosphere for seniors looking into assisted living, which the state of California calls Residental Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE). Santee provides six local RCFEs and there are 54 more nearby from which seniors can choose.
Each community is regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division. It is tasked with assisting seniors with activities of daily living and carefully monitoring their health and safety.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Santee
- Residents in Santee face a higher cost of living versus the national average by 49 percent. The town is higher in every expense category including health and grocery, and seniors on a limited budget may want to consider this.
- Residents enjoy a low violent and property crime rate in Santee, with both statistics being lower than the state and national average. Santee is safer than 39 percent of U.S. cities.
- The Santee area has mild year-round weather, with the average temperature hovering between 55 to 72 degrees. Warm winters and cool summers provide a comfortable environment for seniors who suffer increased chronic pain from extreme climate changes.
- The Santee area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Sharp Grossmont Hospital and the Alvarado Hospital Medical Center in the event of medical emergencies or illnesses.
- The city of Santee has some of the worse air quality in the nation and is ranked sixth worse for ozone by the American Lung Association. Seniors with respiratory issues may want to consider this before moving here.
- Santee, part of San Diego County, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Santee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Santee start around $4,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Santee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Santee
The California Assisted Living Waiver program and the optional state supplement (OSS) are two financial assistance programs offered to eligible seniors. In addition, the state provides a room and board cap for Medicaid-eligible residents.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Santee
Santee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Santee, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Santee
Santee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Santee
Review of Santee Elderly Care
My mother has moved into Santee Elderly Care. It is excellent. The atmosphere is very clean, healthy, and open, and there are lots of conversation. The staff is very helpful. Her room is comfortabl... Read more
Review of Lantern Crest Senior Living
This is a great community for my mom! She has spent time at the Ridge and the Pointe. My family knows how active she is and see that she enjoys participating in so many events. She especially lik... Read more
Review of Lantern Crest Senior Living
My dad lived in 3 different communities before and Lantern Crest has been the best out of all of them. I understand Lantern Crest had difficulties with different management companies before but I c... Read more