Silvergate Rancho Bernardo

Reviews of Silvergate Rancho Bernardo

Independent Living Reviews for Silvergate Rancho Bernardo

August 31, 2022

By George

A newer top quality medium scale facility filled with caring staff and friendly residents. Food and tremendous range of age appropriate activities are all excellent and way beyond initial expectations for this style of living. Highly recommended.

August 27, 2022

By Elyse

I moved into Silvergate RB almost 2 years ago and have no regrets. I was attracted to this community because it was newly built, in my usual neighborhood, and it had a meal plan option which reduced the price. I am almost a vegetarian so having to pay for a meal plan would be a complete waste of money for me. The staff is wonderful, I feel completely safe, and there are activities but no pressure to join in. The landscaping is xeriscape but it is lush and beautiful. Anytime I need anything, I call the desk and it is taken care of. I’ve made friends here and when I need assisted living, I can stay in the same apartment. Silvergate is a perfect choice for me!

August 23, 2022

By Lunas

My husband and I have been very happy living in Silvergate Rancho Bernardo. We have a lovely "cottage" with a large patio and garage. They are built well, with high ceilings and lots of light. I am in walking distance from so many activities, and there are SO MANY ACTIVITIES available here. I have Parkinsons', so exercise is extremely important for me. I have many different types of exercise classes within a 5 minute walk from my door. The teachers are very skilled at working with many fitness levels of seniors. For example, we have Tai Chi classes given 5 times a week to help with balance and coordination. I also love water aerobics twice a week. In addition, Silvergate brought in an occupational and physical therapy group who now offer their services here on site. I was extremely fortunate to find that one of these professionals was trained and certified in a special movement program for Parkinson's and I was quickly able to sign up and take the training--and it helped a lot! I truly believe my health has IMPROVED since moving into Silvergate. And if I get worse eventually, I know there is good care available here too, so I feel prepared for the future. Residents are encouraged and supported in offering services if they wish. So I have begun offering a discussion group on aging issues, and another resident offers his skills as a painting and writing teacher. My husband started painting with him, and now is producing beautiful paintings that amaze people--having never painted before in his life! We also enjoy a lovely circle of new friends here, and we have come to value a weekly dinner with them on Sat. nights. Then we go to a movie in the main house! There are also live concerts of many kinds, outings to the theatre, and parties. It's a good life!

August 07, 2022

By Philip

We had an in-person visit at Silvergate Rancho Bernardo. We liked best that it was a brand-new facility with very nice decor. The people that we met and the staff, they're very nice and the people that we met with comported themselves very professionally. They had good food, it was better than average. They had all types of amenities including physical fitness, a dining room, a library, movies, and so on. It's very professionally managed.

Memory Care Reviews for Silvergate Rancho Bernardo

June 12, 2021

By Powaygal

Excellent activities and entertainment Staff works very hard and is very helpful. I love living in my new home!!!!
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Questions about Silvergate Rancho Bernardo

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

With one of the highest caregiver-to-resident ratios in the industry, our highly-trained team provides high-touch care 24 hours a day. Having more eyes on fewer residents ensures the highest standard of care and provides increased supervision. Silvergate’s Resident Care Director oversees a staff of Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Supervisors and professional caregivers to provide continuity of care and manage all prescribed medications. Silvergate Memory Care uses the renowned A Positive Approach To Care™ model championed by trusted Industry expert, Teepa Snow. This successful and proven method allows our certified nurses and trained staff to deliver best-in-class care with the greatest degree of dignity, respect and sensitivity. By improving positive interactions with residents who are experiencing memory loss, we can focus on what’s left…not what’s lost.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Each shift can be staffed differently as we staff based on acuity. A fair average is a 6-1 ratio for residents receiving care.

What programs or activities does Silvergate Rancho Bernardo offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our compassionate staff plans and implements fun and diverse memory-enhancing activities every day — to help residents find joy in meaningful moments. Our professionals use cognitive, reminiscence, physical and occupational therapies to encourage residents to participate. Our proven enrichment activities combine sensory stimulation, social engagement and exercise as part of our Memory Care Activities Program.

The Nurse Director or the Nurse Director Assistant perform the assessments. We assess before move-in, 30 days after move-in, when there is any change of condition a minimal of every 6 months.

What techniques does Silvergate Rancho Bernardo use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Good nutrition plays a vital role in promoting brain health, as well as physical and mental well-being. In Silvergate’s state-of-the-art, gourmet kitchen, our Executive Chef passionately creates mouth-watering cuisine that is both visually appealing and exciting to the taste buds.

How does Silvergate Rancho Bernardo keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Families are informed via conference meetings, phone calls and email updates. We are open to any communication that works best for the family.

Describe the neighborhood around Silvergate Rancho Bernardo. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Locally owned and operated, Silvergate’s all-new luxury senior living community brings 30 years of award-winning care experience to Rancho Bernardo in a quiet residential area near countless shops and restaurants.

Is Silvergate Rancho Bernardo affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We have a good working relationship with all our local hospitals. For any life threatening emergency we will use the closest hospital. Otherwise the resident can request which local hospital they prefer.

Costs for Silvergate Rancho Bernardo

Photos of Silvergate Rancho Bernardo

Services and Amenities of Silvergate Rancho Bernardo

• Companion Suites: No

• Dining Extra: Anytime Dining; Guest Meals; International Cuisine; Professional Chef; Restaurant Style Dining

• Features Extra: Wheelchair Accessible Showers; Handicap Accessible; Air Conditioned; Private Dining Room; Beauty Salon; Outdoor Common Areas; Indoor Common Areas; Outdoor Walking Paths

• Activities Extra: Devotional Activities On Site; Devotional Activities Offsite; Art Classes; Educational Speakers / Life Long Learning; Live Well Programs; Karaoke; Day Trips And Outings; Live Musical Performances; Live Dance Or Theater Performances; Forever Fit; Stretching Classes; Brain Fitness / Dakim; Gardening Club; Trivia Games; Wii Bowling; Light Therapy Programs; Montessori Programs; Reminiscence Programs; Sensory Based Programs; Activities On Site; Activities Off Site; Intergenerational Programs; Bb Qs Or Picnics; Birthday Parties; Dances; Holiday Parties; Pet Focused Programs

• Kosher
  • Vegetarian
  • Diet Extra: Organic; Gluten Free; Low / No Sodium; No Sugar; Vegan; Special Dining Programs

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Occupational Therapy
  • Range Of Services Extra: Diabetic Care; Ambulatory Care; Incontinence Care; Speech Therapist; Massage Therapist

Types of care

• Transportation: Complimentary Transportation

About Silvergate Rancho Bernardo

Newly constructed, the separate Memory Care Suites building on Silvergate’s beautiful retirement campus provides seniors with a higher level of award-winning care in a secure, nurturing environment. Our “Neighborhood Design” eliminates long hallways for a more familiar home-like setting. Drawing on 30 years of operating experience, Silvergate has assembled a top-notch team of veteran nurses to deliver truly compassionate dementia and Alzheimer’s care via the “A Positive Approach To Care” model. Nursing Director/staff trainer Certified by Teepa Snow.

Designed To Feel Like A Familiar Neighborhood

Silvergate Memory Care Suites – located in a dedicated building on the retirement community’s beautiful 11-acre campus – created an easy-to-navigate “Neighborhood” floorplan with an intimate feel for its residents living with dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease or memory loss. The design provides for a more personalized, home-like approach to resident care. Divided into four uniquely themed “Neighborhoods,” each ideally sized community floorplan space features 12 resident suites gathered around a central, shared living room, kitchen, and dining room space.

This distinct design provides the greatest degree of resident comfort, engagement, and supervision while keeping residents safe and secure every day. No corridors or hallways to wander means residents are less likely to feel anxious or confused – which gives seniors living with memory loss a comfortable, familiar environment in which to live.

High Caregiver-to-Resident Ratio Ensures Better Care

By offering one of the highest caregiver-to-resident ratios in the industry, our team of experienced professionals can meet the needs of families who are looking for round-the-clock, high-touch care seven days a week. By having more eyes on fewer residents, families can rest assured that their loved one’s care and safety are in excellent hands each and every day.

“A Positive Approach” Focuses On What’s Left…Not What’s Lost

For residents who are experiencing memory loss, Silvergate uses the well-known “A Positive Approach To Care” TM model first introduced by trusted industry expert, Teepa Snow. This care method concentrates on positive interactions and finding joy in the moment. Our certified nurses and trained staff deliver best-in-class care with respect, sensitivity and dignity through the use of this proven, successful care model. A positive approach means we can focus on what’s left...not what’s lost.

Amenities For Seniors Offering Both Style & Sophistication

• Family Dining Room - Private - This elegant, private dining space allows families to reserve a special place to celebrate memorable occasions or gather with loved ones for birthdays, anniversaries, or holidays.
  • Memory Care Activity Room - An ongoing roster of fun things to do and indoor activities rotate daily in the beautiful Suites Activity Room. With a picturesque view to the secure outside terrace, creativity and engaging pursuits are always underway in the heart of the Memory Care Suites building.
  • Salon & Styling Services - One of the community’s full-service salons is located right in the Memory Care Suites building, making it a breeze for residents take on a fresh look and enjoy an afternoon of self-pampering. Salon services are just a few steps away from the front door of each individual Memory Care Suite.
  • Quiet Conversation Corners - With multiple intimate spaces found throughout the building, opportunities for quiet, one-on-one conversations with friends or family are always just around the corner.
  • Delicious Meals & Snacks Made With Senior Nutrition In Mind

Nutrition plays an important role in fostering brain health and helping maintain physical and mental well-being. To that end, Silvergate’s Executive Chef creates meal plans designed to meet the unique needs of seniors and those living with memory impairment. The talented culinary team in Silvergate’s state-of-the-art, gourmet kitchen, dreams up new and appealing culinary creations that delight the taste buds every time.

Moments of Joy Built Into A Dynamic Activities Roster

Our compassionate staff plans and implements fun and diverse memory-enhancing activities every day -- to help residents find joy in meaningful moments. Through the use of cognitive, physical, reminiscence, and occupational therapies, they find a myriad of ways to encourage resident involvement in community activities and events. Physical activity, sensory stimulation, and social engagement are consistently a part of our successful Memory Care Activities Program.

As Silvergate Rancho Bernardo opened its doors in 2020, a revolutionary solution to memory care debuts in San Diego — ushering in the unsurpassed luxury and resort-style amenities for families seeking a place for loved ones living with Alzheimer’s, dementia or memory loss.

Map of Silvergate Rancho Bernardo